+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: War of the Worlds - 06/29/05

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I saw the movie last week, and it was cool, but I didn't understand some of the parts and I didn't like the ending. I wouldn't want to see this again, but Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning were really good.

I am wondering all of those that seem to have focused on the plot holes for not liking the movie have all of you've seen the original or read the book? I'm just trying to understand is problem that you guys didn't know that there would be some major holes because the movie is based on a 1898 work or is it how Spielberg handled the holes themselves that you see as the problem.

I acknowledge there are some problems with the plot but I do think most of those derived from being based on HG Wells original work. I don't think you can call it War of the Worlds if there are major depatures from Wells' original including the unrealistic aliens dying off from common bacteria. My complaint would be more along how Spielberg handled the limitations that comes from basing a movie on a book written so long ago than the existence of the limitations themselves.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I saw the movie the first weekend out and i was at the end of my seat, to say the least. I love Justin Chatwin. He's so dreamy. I stayed wondering about the ending and thought that maybe the machines started dying because tom's character destroyed one and maybe they were all linked in some way. Silly random thought i guess.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    I liked what I saw of it....My stupid sister in law kept asking me frickin' questions throughout the movie so I probably should see it again when it comes on dvd....

Does anyone really think this was going to be a cinematic classic or something? It's a summer blockbuster...it's just fun watching...enjoy it for what it's worth
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    The sound that the alien machines made was the scariest thing one could ever hear. You just knew terror was afoot.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234