+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Herbie: Fully Loaded - 06/22/05

Herbie: Fully Loaded - 06/22/05

from rottentomatoes.com

Herbie: Fully Loaded (G)
    THEATRICAL RELEASE
    Jun 22, 2005 Wide

CONSENSUS
    Herbie: Fully Loaded is a decent kids movie that is pretty undemanding for adult viewers.

CAST & CREW
    Lindsay Lohan, Justin Long , Breckin Meyer
    Directed by Angela Robinson

SYNOPSIS
    Start your engines! Herbie, the most beloved car star of them all, is back and Lindsay Lohan's got him in Disney's all new revved-up comedy adventure, HERBIE: FULLY LOADED. Lohan stars as Maggie Peyton, the new owner of Number 53 - the free-wheelin' Volkswagen bug with a mind of its own - who puts the car through its paces on the road to becoming a NASCAR competitor.

Herbie's got some new tricks under his hood as he takes audiences for an action-packed spin in this high-speed comedy. With an all-star cast along for a wild ride, this comedy puts Herbie to the test - on-road, off-road, on the track and into the record books. -- Walt Disney Pictures

MPAA RATING
    G

RUNTIME
    1 hour, 32 minutes

RELEASE COMPANY
    Buena Vista Pictures

GENRE
    Childrens , Theatrical Release , Disney Film , Car/Automobile Racing , Competitions

I thought this movie was really cute! I would definitely recommend it - everyone in the theater i went to seemed to love it. They did a good job of incorporating some of the stuff from the older movies and making it appeal to kids too. Anyone else see it?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Took my kids to this movie today and loved it! I am even willing to see it again at the dollar theater! I heard my kids laughing at is as well. Some of the jokes are lost on the kids, like when Herbie makes a face, but that doesn't really matter.
    Very cute and I highly recommend it!

I'm glad my wife got this one when it came to taking the kids to see it. My little ones seemed to like it alot, wife suffered through it, and I had a great time watching War of the Worlds with a couple of my older kids. My daughter actually wanted to see this again but since there is no way my wife will sit through it again the only way that will happen is if her friends' parents take them to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    I'm glad my wife got this one when it came to taking the kids to see it. My little ones seemed to like it alot, wife suffered through it, and I had a great time watching War of the Worlds with a couple of my older kids. My daughter actually wanted to see this again but since there is no way my wife will sit through it again the only way that will happen is if her friends' parents take them to see it.
    Just curious why your wife didn't like it? Did she just think it was boring, poor acting, didn't care for the stars? Your post reminded me of when I took my kids to the rugrats movie- IT WAS TORTURE! And when I saw Madagascar I fell asleep during it. (so I certainly feel for your wife

My wife thought it was very predictable and just not that funny, even though she tends to like the movies directed at younger kids much more so than I. A girlfriend who goes with her often when she takes the younger kids to the movies felt pretty much the same about it.

We have a good arrangement in that my wife don't tend to like the sci fi, action type movies like War of the Worlds that our older sons like but I do like those movie types so we have a good split of movie duties and it usually works well. This movie however just wasn't to her liking.

+ Reply to Thread