+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I am surprised no one has posted about this yet! I loved this movie and could not wait to see it! My daughter liked it as well, but we both read the books. Definitely a chick flick and awesome for the teen age set. I cried throughout the whole thing!

I have been trying and trying to see it, for the sole reason that I heard it's a cryer. The way my damn hormones have been lately! I need a good cry to get it outta my system~ But something keep preventing me every time I try. Eventually it'll be outta the cinema and then I'll have to wait till rental. By then I'll be a mellow missy again. DOH
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

CCL
    I liked this movie - nice to have a movie where the teenage girls are not all boy-crazy (minus Bridget, though she's not too bad) or foul-mouthed or ditzes or sluts. All the actresses were really great. And Santorini looked so beautiful in the film - made me really want to go there.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I liked this movie - nice to have a movie where the teenage girls are not all boy-crazy (minus Bridget, though she's not too bad) or foul-mouthed or ditzes or sluts. All the actresses were really great. And Santorini looked so beautiful in the film - made me really want to go there.
    Yes, yes, and yes! I thought Bridget looked a little too *old* for her part, but still liked her anyway. During the movie, you could really *feel* where they were and it was pretty awesome! It is a cryer, and I knew I would be a mess by the end of it, but I just couldn't wait until it came out on DVD. I had to wear my sunglasses out of the theater! All of the actresses did a great job! This movie is certainly one for the DVD collection.

I saw this with my daughters and they loved it. One is a huge fan of the books and pointed out some differences, the other had only read the book once and thought the movie was great. I liked it too, without having read any of the books. Both of my girls thought Bridget was a bit much. They now both want to go to Greece.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Yes, yes, and yes! I thought Bridget looked a little too *old* for her part, but still liked her anyway.
    Hm, I didn't notice that myself. That's kind of funny because she was the only one really close to the correct age (she's 17, now). Whereas the rest are all in their early 20s.

Such a great movie! I haven't read the books but now i sort of want to. Those actresses all really impressed me.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I'll definitely rent this one eventually. I love Alexis Bledel - she's such an underused actress - and I've head good things about the book as well.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

CCL
    Love Alexis Bledel as well, geek the girl. Just read she was cast in some independent film called I am Reed Fish. I hope she does a lot of more mainstream work as well (because a lot of the smaller indies don't have a wide release).
    The first two Sisterhood books were quite good light reading; didn't really like the third book very much (but persevered because I wanted to find out what was going to happen to the characters.

Lah
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    I'll definitely rent this one eventually. I love Alexis Bledel - she's such an underused actress - and I've head good things about the book as well.
    The book is pretty good for juvenile fiction. Alexis Bledel, however, I find a mostly indifferent actor. She has exhibited little dramatic range or depth in all the stuff I've seen her in, and Lena is pretty much a reprisal of her characters in Sin City and Gilmore Girls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast