+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I saw this with my daughters and they loved it. One is a huge fan of the books and pointed out some differences, the other had only read the book once and thought the movie was great. I liked it too, without having read any of the books. Both of my girls thought Bridget was a bit much. They now both want to go to Greece.
    Yes, there were a few differences (aren't there always?) but I honestly liked one of the main differences better in the movie than the book. The story with Lena and Kostos was much better in the movie- it was uncomfortable reading in the book, I thought. The other differences were just characters, like having brothers or sisters.
    I also agree with you Lah that I thought I was watching Rory Gilmore during the show and was waiting for Loralie to jump out ( ) because her characters are the same, but I still think she was perfect for Lena anyway.

I'm going to see this with my mom soon, because we both read the book.

Bridget is my favorite character in the book, but I didn't like the way she looked in the previews. Not at all how I pictured her.

Hopefully I'll think it is good. (I'm known to have weird taste in movies. )

when you say it's a crying movie, is this in a good way and does it still have a happy ever after, or does it end crappy with someone dying or something? I like movies that make me cry, but they need to have a HEA. I can't stand movies where someone dies in the end. I go to the movies for fiction, not reality. (odd I know for someone who is a reality tv junkie!)

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz
    when you say it's a crying movie, is this in a good way and does it still have a happy ever after, or does it end crappy with someone dying or something? I like movies that make me cry, but they need to have a HEA. I can't stand movies where someone dies in the end. I go to the movies for fiction, not reality. (odd I know for someone who is a reality tv junkie!)
    Actually, it's both. It is reality, so you may not like it. (can I spoil here??) See below. (and I probably didn't do it right, but hopefully it will work

SPOILER
    It has a good ending, but yes, there is a death during it. It's a very emotional movie, with all of the characters dealing with different issues. It makes you cry with sadness, but also of happiness as well.

If that was aimed at me: a crying movie could be ANYTHING that makes me cry. I used to cry a lot, but now *looks at belly* I cry a LOT. I cried at the Incredibles, and not just once. I saw someone crying in the previews, so I know I'll be crying when I watch it
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I guess I am the opposite of all of you. I thought that of all the characters Bridget was most like what i had imagnied she would be and I liked her story the most. On the other hand, I was very disappointed that they changed Lena's story. I thought it had much more depth in the book, they didn't have to make it "Romeo & Juliet".

Overall though I had a great time watching the movie and can't wait to see it again

haven't read the book, but loved the movie. it's adorable and i think it proved that these four young actresses and surely up-and-comers (at least in the girl's who were bridget's and carmen's case) and that alexis bledal and amber can do mainstreamed teenaged-chick-flicks and not only the silver screen.

Finally saw this yesterday...I really liked it.

I don't get why they changed some things (The Lena/Kostos storyline, Eric, Brian) but overall, if was a really good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
    Finally saw this yesterday...I really liked it.

I don't get why they changed some things (The Lena/Kostos storyline, Eric, Brian) but overall, if was a really good movie.
    I'm not sure why they changed story lines either (and from the book I can't remember Eric or Brian?) I wondered if they changed the Lena /Kostos story to keep the PG rating. If they followed it from the book, they may have had to change it to PG13.(?)

i have been recommending this one to everyone i know - it is so rare to find a touching, funny, sad story like this that is done so well on the big screen.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast