from rottentomatoes.com

The Perfect Man (PG)
    THEATRICAL RELEASE
    Jun 17, 2005 Wide

CAST & CREW
    Hilary Duff , Heather Locklear , Chris Noth
    Directed by Mark Rosman

SYNOPSIS
    In The Perfect Man, teenager Holly Hamilton (Hilary Duff) is tired of moving every time her single mom Jean (Heather Locklear) has another personal meltdown involving yet another second-rate guy. To distract her mother from her latest bad choice, Holly conceives the perfect plan for the perfect man...an imaginary secret admirer who will romance Jean and boost her shaky self-esteem. When the virtual relationship takes off, Holly finds herself having to produce the suitor, borrowing her friend's charming and handsome Uncle Ben (Chris Noth) as the face behind the e-mails, notes and gifts. Holly must resort to increasingly desperate measures to keep the ruse alive and protect her mom's newfound happiness. . . almost missing the real perfect man when he does come along.

The Perfect Man stars Hilary Duff (The Lizzie McGuire Movie ), Heather Locklear (Uptown Girls), Chris Noth (television's Sex and the City >), Mike O'Malley (28 Days), Ben Feldman (When Do We Eat?), Vanessa Lengies (television's American Dreams) and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy's Carson Kressley. The screenplay is written by Gina Wendkos (The Princess Diaries), based on a story by Michael McQuown & Heather Robinson & Katherine Torpey; the film is produced by Marc Platt (Legally Blonde), Dawn Wolfrom (Never Again) and Susan Duff (A Cinderella Story), and executive-produced by Billy Higgins (Honey).

MPAA RATING
    PG, for some mildly suggestive content

RUNTIME
    1 hour, 36 minutes

RELEASE COMPANY
    Universal Pictures

GENRE
    Comedies , Romance , Theatrical Release , Teenagers , Teenage Girls

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    It looks sort of interesting, but Hilary Duff's in it, so I'm not going to watch.

As much as I'm obsessed with Chris Noth, I'm with SurvivorGirl and won't see it because of Hilary Duff. That, and it looks super -y.

My girls are dying to see this. They adore Ms Duff and I think they are worried that newly divorced mom needs to see this for some reason.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

As annoying as Hilary Duff may be off screen, she's been cute in anything that I've seen on screen. I'd much rather see her than Lindsay Lohan.

I'm definitely going to see it as I love Heather Locklear, Chris Noth, and Carson Kressley. And I love romantic comedies.... even the teenaged ones like What A Girl Wants where the mother/father get back together, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    It looks sort of interesting, but Hilary Duff's in it, so I'm not going to watch.
    I agree- I can't stand Hilary Duff and I don't think I can stand to watch anything that she is in! I love Heather Locklear though- but my dislike for Hilary over powers that If my kids want to see it- they will have to wait for the DVD- which, from what I have read about this movie- won't take long.
    On another note, I saw Hilary on Regis and Kelly this morning and it looked like she did something to her teeth. Bonding or something- she looked really strange!

+ Reply to Thread