Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins - 06/15/05

Batman Begins - 06/15/05

from rottentomatoes.com
    Batman Begins (PG-13)
    THEATRICAL RELEASE
    Jun 15, 2005 Wide

CONSENSUS
    Brooding and dark, but also exciting and smart, Batman Begins is a film that understands the essence of one of the definitive superheroes.

CAST & CREW
    Christian Bale, Michael Caine , Liam Neeson
    Directed by Christopher Nolan

SYNOPSIS
    Batman Begins explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham. In the wake of his parents' murder, disillusioned industrial heir Bruce (Christian Bale) travels the world seeking the means to fight injustice and turn fear against those who prey on the fearful. He returns to Gotham and unveils his alter-ego: Batman, a masked crusader who uses his strength, intellect and an array of high tech deceptions to fight the sinister forces that threaten the city.

MPAA RATING
    PG-13, for intense action violence, disturbing images and some thematic elements.

RUNTIME
    2 hours, 20 minutes

RELEASE COMPANY
    Warner Bros.

GENRE
    Science-Fiction/Fantasy, Action , Fantasy , Theatrical Release

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Despite hearing a few bad reviews, I will be seeing it this weekend. I think, at the very least, visually it will be worth by $10. (I hope)

Leo
    Premium Member
    I saw this earlier this week, and my take: it gets out to a somewhat bad start - it doesn't flow very smoothly at first - but once that's past, it's a great movie. Christian Bale does a great job with Batman (I want to see this guy in a second Batman movie already!); you've also got a great supporting cast here. Michael Caine is terrific as Alfred (and even has a few snappy lines), and the same goes for Morgan Freeman. Katie Holmes - well, it's not the best acting job around, but it's passable. Go see it.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Thanks Leo!! You got me psyched again to go see this. I really enjoy Christian Bale's performances but I wasn't sure he could pull this one off...but I'm glad that he did!

I love the concept of this movie...less cartooney that the past movies in the franchise and *crosses fingers* closer to the comic books.

I want to see this one but haven't yet. In terms of reviews, Roger Ebert really liked it, for whatever that is worth.

FORT Fan
    Yeah but Ebert hated Tim Burton's movies. I'm glad to see this one is getting strong reviews. Now I want to check it out.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Nolan's take on Batman has more dramatic arc than all the other Batman films combined. Finally, Batman is not some depthless character who just looks cool.
    He's a real person here. It almost feels like a biopic.

Bale nailed the role and will probably play subsequent Batmans. He's scary good. Thankfully, Holmes was not so much in the foreground. Caine's Alfred is pretty much Caine doing Caine (and the movie knows it, too!)

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    This Batman Movie is certainly the best one of them all. No part of the movie is tedious, especially if you are really into batman. The visuals were awesome! This is a must see wihtout a doubt and perhaps must buy DVD lol. On yahoo, the reviews from critics averaged B+, which is liek almost perfect lol
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I posted this on the summer movies thread, but I'll add some of it on here: my daughter called from the theater after just having seen the movie. She said best batman movie, best action movie, and possibly the best movie ever. That's good enough for me. I'll go.

This movie was the best I've seen in 2005. Beat Revenge of the Sith, hands down, in my estimation. It's a serious movie, not farcical like some of the previous Batmans. Anyone with any doubt that Bale can carry a big blockbuster of a flick should check him out in this one.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast