High Tension (R)
    THEATRICAL RELEASE
    Jun 10, 2005 Wide

CAST & CREW
    Philippe Nahon, Maiwenn Nahon, Cecile de France
    Directed by Alexander Aja
    more...

SYNOPSIS
    Marie and Alexia are schoolmates and best friends. Hoping to prepare for their college exams in peace and quiet, they decide to spend a weekend in the country at Alexia’s parents' secluded farmhouse. But in the dead of night, a stranger knocks on the front door. And with the first swing of his knife, the girls' idyllic weekend turns into an endless night of terror…

Prepare to take a white-knuckle journey into the heart of fear with Lions Gate Films’ HIGH TENSION, the terrifying story of two girls’ battle for survival at the hands of a sadistic psychopath. Marking a return to the nightmarish intensity of 1970s horror classics, director Alexandre Aja reduces the genre to its bare essentials, building a narrative of intensifying dread that culminates in a truly shocking climax. Relentlessly tightening the screws of suspense, HIGH TENSION will have you struggling to catch your breath. The film stars Cécile de France, Maïwenn and Philippe Nahon, from a script by Aja and Gregory Levasseur. -- © Lions Gate Films

MPAA RATING
    R, for graphic bloody killings, terror, sexual content and language.

RELEASE COMPANY
    Lions Gate Films

GENRE
    Horror/Suspense, Horror, Psychos, Thriller, Theatrical Release, Killers

I was so exited to see this movie for months and months... since I saw the preview with the Sonic youth song in it. All this build up... and I was sorely dissapointed in the ending
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

We've had the French release at home for a while, but the husband just subtitled it for me...wow, I liked it, but the first three quarters are the best. I hadn't been so nervous watching a movie in a long time. I'm glad I didn't see it in the theatres, since it's the R rated version, the French cut is NC-17 and very gory.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I have never seen a movie scarier than this one. It was so hard staying in my seat during the whole show. I wanted to leave the whole time. If you want to be frightened go see this movie but i'm warning you, its too scary.

This sounds right up my alley, though I wouldn't want to bother with the American release if it's edited down. Spend $10 on a bastardized version? Zut alors, I will wait to see the French cut.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I just saw it..(while folding tons of landry!) It was pretty darn good.
    I was surprised at the ending.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I can't believe that there aren't more posts about this movie! This is one of the best movies I have seen in a LOOOOONG time! I rented it this weekend and I was scared out of my mind! When from all the lights off to sitting straight up with all the lights on! I figured out the ending about 15 second before it was revealed. I love that there were so many surprises and suspenseful moments throughout the movie! I love to be scared and this one definitely does it. There is no way I could have seen it in a movie theater!

After much anticipation, I did finally see it some time ago, the gory French version. But much like Texie and ClosetNerd, I really didn't care so much for the ending. I LOVED the tension (no pun intended) of the first two acts, the return of tone to those super scary independents of the 1970s, and Cecile De France was fantastic in her role, but the ending left too many untidy plot holes, and I'm starting to grow weary of gratuitous twists. After all the build-up, I ended up feeling disappointed.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread