+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russell Crowe Arraigned in Court in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Just to play devil's advocate, he did say that there were @9 other rooms that were having trouble with the phones (it sounded like he was referring to other people on the press tour with him) that were not being addressed or resolved AND we really don't know what the guy behind the counter said to him or how he said it. I know lots of people in L.A. who are so sick of celebs that they tend to treat them with distain. Could be the same this time in N.Y.. I also think that, while he obviously threw the phone, he probably aimed for the wall and it ended up hitting the employee as well. Not trying to justify the behavior - like I said, I'm just playing devil's advocate.
    Just to give the benefit of the doubt... even if all the things above were true, there's still nothing there that would justify Russell's actions that day. And when you take into account that this action was just the latest in a long series of anger control issues he has, it gives him even less justification, since he's obviously aware he has anger control problems and should have just stepped away from whatever was getting him worked up. Whether he threw the phone at a wall or the guy's head is irrelevant, since he knew the guy was standing right there.

Crowe needs to get his head straightened out before he ends up doing serious time in a prison somewhere. Being apologetic about it afterwards doesn't mean a thing if he continues doing the stuff he has to be apologetic about.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I can't help but like Russell Crowe. He comes across as so intelligent and articulate in his interviews. Just seems like a genuinely nice guy. However, I definitely wouldn't have wanted a phone heaved in my direction by him. He probably does need to go through some sort of anger management course.

Here's a good interview where he talks about the phone incident and his new movie.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8170650/
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Thanks for the link, Star. I am for some reason having problems launching the video, but I'll try it again later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I'm a big fan of Russell, so I guess I want to believe that he's a nice guy. Any time someone says something bad about him I just think "Any guy who makes a movie like The Sum of Us is okay with me."
    Critical. I feel just as you do.

Look, I'm not trying to defend his actions at all, but believe me there are far worse, nastier celebrities in Hollywood who just don't get the same bad press. As for him being nice only to people who kiss his ass, I don't think that's quite fair to say, because during the project that I was referring to earlier, he was one of the rare stars who was just as congenial to the smallest member of the crew food chain as he was to the director (not the same for his co-star who will go unnamed). That's why instead of just dismissing him as a hopeless prick, I sincerely hope he gets the help he needs to deal with his anger issues, because I think for all his troubles, there is still good in him, I know there is (oh my God, can't you tell I just saw Revenge of the Sith? ).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    As for him being nice only to people who kiss his ass, I don't think that's quite fair to say, because during the project that I was referring to earlier, he was one of the rare stars who was just as congenial to the smallest member of the crew food chain as he was to the director (not the same for his co-star who will go unnamed). .
    I've heard that he's very down-to-earth and genuinely likeable.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I've heard that he's very down-to-earth and genuinely likeable.
    Unless your phone doesn't work

Or unless you don't let him finish his poem he wants to recite.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Or unless you don't let him finish his poem he wants to recite.

I guess we can add beef pies to the list of things that ignite Russell Crowe's infamous short temper:

From the Sydney [Australia] Morning Herald:
    Pie and sauce
    By Andrew Hornery
    June 10, 2005

When will it end? On Wednesday night Channel Seven news claimed Russell Crowe abused a Thai student after being upset about a pie he was served at Harry's Cafe de Wheels. The student, 24, said the incident took place while she was working at Harry's last October, adding that Crowe didn't like the beef pie he had ordered and became abusive. "[He was] very abusive, aggressive," she told the network.

When Crowe was asked to leave, he allegedly said: "Do you know who I am? You should know this is not your country."

But the man himself says the story is a "complete fabrication".

"Last time I had a pie at Harry's was September '04 with [father-in-law] Don Spencer. No, I wasn't happy with the pie and I asked what had happened to the quality level. I said the guy must be catching rats, dumped the pie and went home," Crowe told Spike yesterday.

"Yes, I was pissed off, but the pie was horrible. The night I was there, two guys were working: a Chinese guy and an Aussie guy. The Thai student conversation is a complete fabrication."

Seven's Chris Reason stuck to his story yesterday, saying he had two witnesses, though Seven broadcast Crowe's denial last night, in fairness.

Okay, that story sounds outrageous; I can't believe it. At any rate, the racial stuff I find quite troubling.

The worst thing about that story? I'm now hungry for a beef pie. And it better be quality, people!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I just read this. Apparently, he recently used the phone incident to get a laugh. I wonder if the concierge he hit is laughing(other than all the way to the bank).

CANBERRA, Australia Nov 27, 2005 Oscar-winning actor Russell Crowe has shown he can now laugh about throwing a telephone at a Manhattan hotel concierge.

Hosting Australia's version of the Oscars, the Australian Film Industry Awards, in the southern city of Melbourne Saturday night, the volatile actor walked on stage carrying a chunky, old-fashioned, Bakelite telephone.

"If there are any problems and you do get up here and go on too long," Crowe warned nominees in the audience before indicating the phone, "Then 'hello' to my little friend."
    You can read the entirety of the article at http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1349358
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123