+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell Crowe Arraigned in Court in NYC

Leo
    Premium Member
    I got a laugh at how Fox News was discussing this yesterday. On the screen they had a list of all of Russell Crowe's other run-ins with the law. What was the title on top? Something like, "Russell's Greatest Hits".

For what it's worth: Crowe appeared on Letterman the other night. Most celebs would have cancelled an appearance so soon after such an incident. He was very apologetic about it, and wasn't the least bit flippant. He said it's the "single stupidest thing" he's ever done. He's been trying to contact the man he threw the phone at, to personally apologize, but the man isn't taking calls right now. I kind of got the feeling that this might be a wake-up call for him to start acting more like a mature and sensible family-man, and put his rowdy phase behind him. We shall see.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

JR.
    Nah Q, that's just damage control. He's an ass.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I was playing cards online and in the other room I had the tv on.. I overheard some news report, or something like that.. they had a soundbite of some awards ceremony that he was attending..they (host of the awards) asked to have Russell's cellphone removed. To the uproariously laughing celebrity crowd.
    OOOHhh har harhar ...Russell! hahahahaaa that's so funny that you whipped a phone at a guy's face causing him permenant damage! har har haraaahaaa!! What a knee-slapper!

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Know what he said after he threw the phone? "can you hear me now" haha, sorry I know, I know, (ducks to miss all the flying phones)

What an ass. If I threw a phone everytime I couldn't get a line out of the country I wouldn't have a phone left!! He needs to grow up and stop being such a pampered baby. Sometimes the circuits are all busy....nothing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Nah Q, that's just damage control. He's an ass.
    That's why I said "For what it's worth". He is, after all, an actor.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I got a laugh at how Fox News was discussing this yesterday. On the screen they had a list of all of Russell Crowe's other run-ins with the law. What was the title on top? Something like, "Russell's Greatest Hits".
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    ... He's been trying to contact the man he threw the phone at, to personally apologize, but the man isn't taking calls right now.
    He's taking calls, just not the phones

He already took one too many calls from Crowe
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    For what it's worth: Crowe appeared on Letterman the other night. Most celebs would have cancelled an appearance so soon after such an incident. He was very apologetic about it, and wasn't the least bit flippant. He said it's the "single stupidest thing" he's ever done. He's been trying to contact the man he threw the phone at, to personally apologize, but the man isn't taking calls right now. I kind of got the feeling that this might be a wake-up call for him to start acting more like a mature and sensible family-man, and put his rowdy phase behind him. We shall see.
    I think part of it was damage control, Q. I also do think that he feels bad about it and was sincerely trying to apologize. We've all done things we aren't proud of in the heat of the moment (maybe not like this, but something) that, an instant later, we wish we could take back. I think he does have a temper, but he seems to have mellowed lately (probably because of his wife and kid) - he's much more easy going in interviews and is granting many more of them than he did even a few years ago. I think it's a stretch to say he could end up hitting his child or his wife.

I'm a big fan of Russell, so I guess I want to believe that he's a nice guy. Any time someone says something bad about him I just think "Any guy who makes a movie like The Sum of Us is okay with me."

Just to play devil's advocate, he did say that there were @9 other rooms that were having trouble with the phones (it sounded like he was referring to other people on the press tour with him) that were not being addressed or resolved AND we really don't know what the guy behind the counter said to him or how he said it. I know lots of people in L.A. who are so sick of celebs that they tend to treat them with distain. Could be the same this time in N.Y.. I also think that, while he obviously threw the phone, he probably aimed for the wall and it ended up hitting the employee as well. Not trying to justify the behavior - like I said, I'm just playing devil's advocate.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast