+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days. 02/07

Ugh, I think it looks like a cliched load of old tripe

Each to his or her own I guess.
    I imagine it'll do very well at the box office.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by Zhora
    I like romantic movies too. I just tend to like them better when one of the lovers dies or leaves at the end.
    Zhora, have you seen Sweet November? It is right up your described alley and has hottie Keanu reeves to boot!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

I haven't seen that, thanks for the heads up Summer.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

No interest whatsoever in this one. Not a romantic comedy lover to begin with. And I don't like looking at Kate or Matthew.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Conservative til the end! msvicki's Avatar
    I'm going to see it this weekend (with hubby in tow...and yes, he suffers thru the chick flicks with me, and USUALLY enjoys them!). I'll fill you in after I've seen it. It does look funny.

I absolutely cannot WAIT for Daredevil! I love the comic book movies, Spiderman, X Men, Incredible Hulk, etc.
    Ms. Vicki

Holy Shit... I WANT to go see this movie, am actually looking forward to it. I grin every time I see the commercials for it. Mathew is a total cutie and I have no opinion what-so-ever on the girl.

Of course it's clichéd, but honestly aren’t 95% of the movies out there… hell, I think I’m being conservative with that number!

To me this type of movie is much better than one with the story line of Sweet Home Alabama (which I HAVE NOT SEEN) At least they fall in love with each other and don’t cheat on their fiancés. That type of movie is the type that pisses me off. Although in all likelihood I’ll see it on DVD anyway

Now, as for really good movies, I can’t wait to see Chan and Wilson together again on Shanghai Knights. Then just a short time ‘till I get to see Wolverine again :crush
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I agree that many movies have parts that are cliche, but most don't preview as one big cliche from start to finish imo.

I'm sure many people will enjoy this movie, but it looks "painful" to me.

Last edited by fluff; 02-07-2003 at 08:26 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm with you, fluff! I am not on board with this movie either!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey
    Ok I went to see it! I have to say it was fabulous!

I wasn't sure thought it would just be another 'romantic' comedy along w/Maid in Manhattan, Sweet Home... but I really liked this one! There was a LOT of chemistry between MM and KH I think we might have a new Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan combo??? Since they are getting a little old for that genre, I really enjoyed this and laughed hard a lot. The theatre I was in was sold out, and the entire audience was laughing long and hard more than a few times!

Go see it, definately a really cute and fun movie!

cool. Of course I never liked the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan combo

Also, I saw Sweet Home this weekend and didn't care for it.
    I did not like Reese's character AT ALL, I didn't care in the least who she ended up with and could not understand why both guys were so in love with her. I was very disappointed in the casting as I felt as though no-one did a good job.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast