+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days. 02/07

I probably would catch this movie. It seems funny from the synopsis. I love no brainer chick flicks. And Matthew is pretty cute too
    ďIn Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders donít vant to be general.Ē Sasha Pivovarova

Same Old story, totally predictable ending...I doubt that i'll be watching it.

I can take or leave Kate, but Matthew is nice to look at.

You just know how this movie will end, it's just a case of do you want to waste a couple of hours seeing how they get to that point?
    "That's Numberwang!"

ah yeah! i love this kind of movie! (sorry fluffie!) i am into the whole chick flick thing. it's a nice escape for me to go into a no brainer movie and just laugh and feel good at the end. feif and i saw the full trailer at the theater last weekend and we were ! i can't wait.

I like romantic movies too. I just tend to like them better when one of the lovers dies or leaves at the end.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

so, "what lies beneath" is more your type of romantic flick? or "unfaithful?"

I was thinking more like Streets of Fire or Out of Africa. I like romantic comedies too, though. I still think The Matchmaker would have been better if David O'Hara would have tried to track down Janine Garafalo and been unable to find her.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I saw a sneak preview of "How to Lose a Guy" (with my sister--total chick flick) and I have to say thumbs down, even though I did laugh a lot. It's just that the story goes out of it's way to be unbelievable, with plot holes you could drive a buick through. The concept itself was okay, I just think people off the street could have set it up better.

The acting from the principles was pretty good. Kate Hudson really stepped into her mother's shoes on this one. She was cute and funny. Mathew McConaughey was uniformly yummy. The chemistry was definitly there, and even sometimes the writting. It was just the story problems. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to suspend my disbelief quite that far.

In the movie's defense, my sister did not think the plot problems detracted as much as I did. But she also likes boy bands, so there you have it.

Worth $8? No, but maybe rent (cough*or download*cough) it later for the laughs.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Hey, thanks for the info spegs!
    -Richard Brautigan

I'm gonna see it.

I took a pass on Two Weeks Notice because my caveat is I will only see a romantic comedy if the trailers make me laugh.

This movie, I'm sorry, looks funny. The look on his face when he sees the tampons and the 'You're falling in love with me/I'm gonna make you wish you were dead' part just makes me laugh.

And a clean shaven Matty is always a bonus.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast