+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anne of Green Gables Trilogy

Anne of Green Gables Trilogy

Have you guys seen the Anne of Green Gables trilogy? They are probably the best movies ever made. They are all classics and you must all see them. I love Megan Follows in the movie.

Oh absolutely that is how we start out summer every year!! Are they out on DVD yet?

Yeah we have all three on DVD. They come in a set. Type the DVD name into Yahoo and you'll find a couple of places to buy. Try this website:
    it.http://www.anne3.com/html/anne1.html
    Last edited by ev700; 05-24-2005 at 06:34 PM.

THANKS ev guess what I just bought!!! I was wondering how we were going to watch those videos on our dvd player this year since the last and final vcr has kicked the bucket!

The DVD's are great. Hope you enjoy them as much as my family has.

CCL
    Oooh, I love Anne of Green Gables. I have the shows on tape but I'm missing one of the tapes. Argh. I'm a total Anne-lover. When I visited PEI my number one tourist stop was Green Gables. *Sigh*
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I have always wanted to visit prince edward island. We were going to go see the green gables house, which i guess is now a museum. I hope to go there some time.

I am going to wait and do a PEI trip when our daughter is older like 12-14 so she will love it as much as I do.

Ooh, major childhood flashbacks! I LOVED the Anne books when I was a little girl, and watched the movies religiously as well. Megan Follows was such a perfect choice for Anne. And Colleen Dewhurst and Richard Farnsworth were amazing as Marilla and Matthew. You can imagine how happy I was when Richard Farnsworth got the main part of David Lynch's "The Straight Story". Suddenly, two huge Geek the girl passions - albeit at two very different points in my life - merged into one.

Megan Follows also stars in one of my favourite cheesy horror flicks, Stephen King's "Silver Bullet", but I haven't seen her in any other films.
    Last edited by geek the girl; 05-25-2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Edited because I should know better than spell Anne without the oh so important e :-)
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

CCL
    Green Gables is a museum, yes. They've set it up so there's an Anne room and a Marilla room etc. LM Montgomery never lived there - it was owned by a relative but she used to visit a lot and based the book largely on the house and its surroundings. It's cool seeing all the things that inspired her - the haunted forest, lover's lane etc. Aahh.

I saw Megan Follows play Juliet at Stratford (Canadian theater festival) several years back (around the time of the movies). She's doing some theater in Toronto this summer actually. I've seen her as guest star on a few shows over the years - Law & Order, CSI, ER etc. I never see Jonathan Crombie (Gilbert) though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast