+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anne of Green Gables Trilogy

I agree, why did they change it when they stuck so closely to most of the movie?

I've only read the first 6 books and was wondering about 7, and 8. It appears you enjoy #8.

Alanna you should see the movies. They are very good, and Megan Fallows is amazing as Anne. There are 8 books in all. It sounds like you ended with #5 with Anne's House of Dreams. They chronicle her, Gilbert and their children in #6 Anne of Ingleside. I have never read these but #7 is Rainbow Valley and #8 is Rilla of Ingleside.
    Yea, as you can tell, Rilla of Ingleside is my favourite of the 8 books. I think it's because I'm a hopeless romantic, and the idea of Rilla finding love and being an offspring of one my favourite literary heros just make it better. My other favourite book is the third one -- Anne of the Islands (i think) where Gilbert and Anne realize they loved each other.

Quote Originally Posted by random_thotz
    Yea, as you can tell, Rilla of Ingleside is my favourite of the 8 books. I think it's because I'm a hopeless romantic, and the idea of Rilla finding love and being an offspring of one my favourite literary heros just make it better. My other favourite book is the third one -- Anne of the Islands (i think) where Gilbert and Anne realize they loved each other.
    If it's so romantic I will have to definitely read it Guess it's time to spring for those last 2 books as the others are in my library already.

*dreamy sigh* I just loved the movies and the books. All of the actors were perfectly, especially Megan Follows. I saw her guest star in something recently, though, and the years have not been kind. She looks much older than she is.

I still cry whenever I think about Matthew dying.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Lea
    This is one of my favs ever as well. If I ever have a daughter I am going to name her Marilla.

I never cared that much for the Anne movies, oddly enough...because the books were among my best-loved childhood stories. Maybe because I already had a picture of all the characters in my head long before there was a movie made? I have all the books, but Rainbow Valley is really my favourite - it's the stories of Anne & Gilbert's children growing up. It's the most under-rated book in the series, IMO - the stories of her sons and daughters coming of age are just beautifully told, and full of laughter and tears. It's the one Anne book (other than the Tales of Avonlea) that can be read on its own, since it is told from the various children's point of view, rather than Anne's (similar to Rilla of Ingelside, which is has Rilla as the protagonist).

I would love to visit Green Gables one day...ideally I would like to take my daughters with me, after they're old enough to read the books. I started to read Anne of Green Gables to my six-year-old, but she's a bit too young for it yet...I'll try again in a couple of years.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

LOL I have a confession to make...I had the biggest crush on Gilbert Blythe

And I agree the latest was a bit disappointing. I dont know I was probably expecting more happier stuff just like the good ol times a bit of a comedy, drama and romance. Like maybe Ann and Gilbert having kids who get into as much mischief as they once did.
    Everytime I see that episode with Matthew dying I still cry like a baby or when Gilbert got really sick and that's when Anne realized that she loved him

I just watched the first movie again today. It just got over. I have seen it a hundred times and its still as good as ever. I never realized how hard Gilbert pulled Anne's pigtail. He totally deserved to have the slate broken over his head.

Think they'll make another one?

I doubt it. They already pulled away from the novels in the third movie. There won't be any point. Besides, the cast is aging. Megan Follows, I believe is 38. That was Ann's age in Rainbow Valley...or maybe even Rilla of the Islands. Sometimes, age just doesn't make the acting believable.

Man I didnt care for the ending of the third movie. I want them to move to Avonlea and build a house on Green Gables next to Diana. There kids can then become friends. Oh i miss it soo much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast