+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anne of Green Gables Trilogy

I have always thought Megan Follows was perfect too. I love it when you have a vision of the people in books and the movies end casting exactly as you have it pictured. I thought both the Cuthberts were perfect too!!

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite all time series. I'll be getting the DVD for sure. I loved Megan Follows and I also loved "Dawn O' Day" who then changed her name to Anne Shirley in the Original Movie from 1934. The modern version was very true to the original.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

anne of green gables is the bomb!

i have it on tape, i want to get the dvd's though

and i want a gilbert!!!! they were too perfect together

I love Anne of Green Gables! I have it all on VHS bought it on Ebay:0)
    Mathew is such a sweetheart, he reminds me of my grandfather

I like Anne of Green Gables, though I only know the first movie and book. In Japan, there was a super cute animated version of the show, too, back in 1979. I think it also aired in Canada:

I love these movies and was just telling my daughter about them. I just finished rereading the series this week, so it's very much on our mnids. My daughter started reading the first one.

I think Megan Fallows is just perfect in the part of Anne. I could just hear her when I was reading

Me too when I read them to my daughter, "Oh Marilla, how much you miss" or " The lady of Shallott" or " can I have a lock of your raven tresses" or " white way of delight" haha, just cracks me up!

I saw Megan Follows play Juliet at Stratford (Canadian theater festival) several years back (around the time of the movies).
    You are so lucky, CCL! I was lucky enough to see them on tape a couple of years back, and although I loathed the Romeo, I really enjoyed Megan Follows tackling the role of Juliet. Although through the entire thing, I was constantly whsipering to my friend about how she would always be anne to me, I purely enjoyed her acting.

With the trilogy, I was really disappointed with the last movie. I love the books (I was just re-reading Rilla of Ingleside for the umpteenth time last night) and I hated how they did not use the same storyline. However, I consider Anne of Green Gables as one of my favourite movies of all time.

I've only read the books, I want to know what ever happens after they buy the house and move away? Does it ever continue or is that the end? Do we ever get to see her lil boy grow-up?? Man, I love those books.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by random_thotz
    With the trilogy, I was really disappointed with the last movie. I love the books (I was just re-reading Rilla of Ingleside for the umpteenth time last night) and I hated how they did not use the same storyline. However, I consider Anne of Green Gables as one of my favourite movies of all time.
    I agree, why did they change it when they stuck so closely to most of the movie?

I've only read the first 6 books and was wondering about 7, and 8. It appears you enjoy #8.

Alanna you should see the movies. They are very good, and Megan Fallows is amazing as Anne. There are 8 books in all. It sounds like you ended with #5 with Anne's House of Dreams. They chronicle her, Gilbert and their children in #6 Anne of Ingleside. I have never read these but #7 is Rainbow Valley and #8 is Rilla of Ingleside.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast