from rottentomatoes.com
    [b]Madagascar[b]

THEATRICAL RELEASE
    May 27, 2005 Wide

CAST & CREW
    Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer
    Directed by Eric Darnell, Tom McGrath

SYNOPSIS
    Ben Stiller (“Meet the Parents”), Chris Rock (“Chris Rock Never Scared”), David Schwimmer (TV’s “Friends”) and Jada Pinkett Smith (“Collateral”) star as the voices of four zoo animals who hang up when they hear the call of the wild.

Alex the Lion (Stiller) is the king of the urban jungle, the main attraction at New York’s Central Park Zoo. He and his best friends Marty the Zebra (Rock), Melman the Giraffe (Schwimmer) and Gloria the Hippo (Pinkett Smith) have lived their entire lives in blissful captivity, with regular meals provided and an admiring public to adore them.

Not content to leave well enough alone, Marty allows his curiosity to get the better of him and, with the help of some prodigious penguins, makes his escape to explore the world he’s been missing. Alex, Melman and Gloria go after him, but before they can go wild in the streets, they are captured, crated and put on a ship to Africa…to be ultimately set free.

When those plotting penguins sabotage the ship, Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria find themselves washed ashore on the exotic island of Madagascar. Now, these native New Yorkers have to figure out how to survive in the wild and discover the true meaning of the phrase “It’s a jungle out there.” -- © Dreamworks

MPAA RATING
    PG, for mild language, crude humor and some thematic elements.

RELEASE COMPANY
    DreamWorks Distribution LLC

GENRE
    Childrens, Animated, Animation, Animals, Escape, Theatrical Release, New York City

I'm so excited... I've been waiting for a year for this movie. Friday is a holiday for GM, so I'm taking my nephew in the afternoon.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I've been waiting to see this for years now (a friend of mine who lives in Hollywood told me about it in 2000 or 2001). It sounds like fun, and I do loves me some animation.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Can't wait! I think my 2 1/2 year old is finally ready to see a real live movie
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I can't wait! I have seen a bunch of interviews with the cast and they all seem so proud of it!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Okay, this was an absolutely adorable movie. The over-the-top animation style had all of the kids in the theater laughing hysterically (including my nephew... nonstop laughter), and there were just enough inside jokes to add to the adults' amusement. Chris Rock, Ben Stiller, and David Schwimmer were just perfect.

And the ending song is a thumping rendition of "I like to move it, move it..." The aforementioned kids were either standing on or in front of their seats just boogieing away.

And, if anyone's interested, the Xbox game is a lot of fun, too. We played that for a couple of hours after the movie.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I loved this movie. The music was great, the story was adorable and the animation was just fun to look at. I loved the little tiki bar that Marty set up!

The lemurs were a riot and "welcome the New York Giants" and "Thanks Freaks" had me rolling.

And ya gotta love Marty (Chris Rock) saying...."awwww. Sugar Honey Iced Tea". BWAHAHAHAHAHA

from me and my daughter!

I love these kinds of movies, and I'm thrilled to hear it's as good as it looks. Thanks for the feedback.

GingerLVNV, when my daughter was 2 1/2, I took her to a theater that played old movies at a discount price. We saw the Disney animated version of Peter Pan, and after about 15 minutes, she thought the way the seats flipped up and down was far more interesting than what was on the screen. We still had a good time, though.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I saw this movie on Friday and loved it. If you watch it, make sure you stay for the closing credits, very cute!

My 5 year old loved this movie. Animals, slapstick, dancing lemurs and poop jokes - how can you go wrong?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast