+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madagascar - 05/27/05

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    THis movie was all right in my opinion hehe, maybe because I am 16 O_O. I laughed a few times at some of the jokes made for the older people heh. Its definitly a must see for children
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

So I'm the only one who didn't like it? I took my daughter yesterday and was disappointed. The animals turning into steaks was overdone into the ground, the HELL sign and "that sucks" not really appropriate for little ones, and the ending???!!! How was that ending not a complete bummer? We forgot who the fourth voice was besides Jada, Chris, and Schwimmer - the whole movie we never placed it as Ben Stiller. Guess he doesn't have that distinctive of a voice. We also wondered what happened to the monkeys. They could have done a lot more with them.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    So I'm the only one who didn't like it? I took my daughter yesterday and was disappointed. The animals turning into steaks was overdone into the ground, the HELL sign and "that sucks" not really appropriate for little ones, and the ending???!!! How was that ending not a complete bummer? We forgot who the fourth voice was besides Jada, Chris, and Schwimmer - the whole movie we never placed it as Ben Stiller. Guess he doesn't have that distinctive of a voice. We also wondered what happened to the monkeys. They could have done a lot more with them.
    No, you are not the only one who didn't like it. I fell asleep during it!
    and there were a few parts that I can't remember exactly (when I was awake) that I thought were inappopriate- I think it had to do with violence. I can't even remember - I was so underwhelmed! Hated the movie and my kids (12, 10 & 8) didn't think it was all that great either.

The Monkey's and Penguins were the best part of the movie. I laughed at them.. the rest.. it was OK..

This was definately no Shrek.

But my 2 1/2 year old watched it intently for about the first hour, then he got busy running up and down the isle, luckily we were practically the only ones in the theatre.

There were some cute jokes here and there, the penguins were an absolute riot, my husband was even laughing hysterically at them.

But it was a little too cutesy for me, kind of slow, but I think my animation expectations are probably too high after these past years of academy award winning movies.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I loved this movie. I couldn't figure out who was doing the Lion's voice. Excellent movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12