+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Julia Roberts Film

I'm not a big JR fan, but my favorites are Erin Brockovich, Closer, and My Best Friend's Wedding.

Honorable Mention goes to Ocean's Twelve because I got a kick out of the part where
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she plays Tess playing Julia Roberts

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    CCL - I want to clarify that I don't like glorified hooker movies NOT because I'm a prude (I'm not!) but because those poor women have such a hard life, it is dismissive to make it seem all fun and easy and buddy, buddy. Milay - I forgot about Erin Brokowitz. She was really good in that.
    No worries - Never thought you were a prude, gutmutter.

Erin Brockovich was a good JR movie. Forgot about that one.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    unlike a lot of you here, i LOVE me some julia! my fav movies of hers are: Runaway Bride, My Best Friend's Wedding, Sleeping with the Enemy, Pretty Woman, Steel Magnolias, Satisfaction

Oooh I love love Julia Roberts and don't get any of her hate, she's an incredible actress, not a 30 yr old poptart who's had a ton of plastic surgery to still look young but can't act (Jennifer Aniston anyone?). Julia looks her age and she's ridiculously talented. My favorites are Pretty Woman (of course, duhh! ) and Notting Hill (I teared up when they were talking about everyone's bad lives and she talks about her own, and in an instant she puts back her "tough" cover. *sniff*)
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

surprisingly enough, I DO have one...Mystic Pizza. Before she became this Hollywood monster with ego to match.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I love Julia. Best Friend's Wedding is my favorite followed real close by Pretty Woman.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I just rented CLOSER on DVD, and I found it to be deep and fantastic. I didn't really mind Julia Roberts' character at all.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Best Friend's Wedding. But that's because Dermot Mulroney just does it for me, for some reason! Cameron Diaz was great in that one, too.

Julia has done some good acting work, but some of her movie choices have been real stinkers. Generally her movies are the kind I wait to see on DVD. I do think she looks great, especially when she goes for a more simple, elegant look; and I appreciate that she doesn't seem to care about looking 23 for the rest of her life (as pointed out by an earlier poster).
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

FORT Newbie
    I don't really like Julia Roberts that much.....I haven't even watched many of her movie. But if I have to pick I would say Mona Lisa Smile (because it's the only one movie of hers that I've actually watched the whole thing). I liked it though...
    I wanted to watch CLOSER. Mainly because of Jude Law and Natalie Portman. Was it any good?

Yeah Closer is really good. How can u guys not like Julia? She's so nice and fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast