+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Julia Roberts Film

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    I will occasionally watch one she's in, but when that happens, it's always in spite of her being in it, not because she's in it.
    [...]
    But on the whole, I'd love it if Julia Roberts just slipped silently (impossible for her) into nothingness and I never heard her name mentioned as an 'actress' again.
    Nemeses crystallized EXACTLY how I feel. I'm sorry to her fans, I really just can't stand Julia Roberts, and it irritates me that she gets cast in so many movies, and works with other people I generally admire.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Wow. A lot of Julia hate here. Notting Hill is one of my favorite movies because of the great ensemble cast. Runaway Bride is fun - I'm a huge Richard Gere fan. Their chemistry in both that and Pretty Woman was good, but I don't go for glorified hooker movies.
    Count your blessings!

I don't usually like Julia Roberts, but I did like Closer. It was refreshing to see her take a chance and play a selfish, self-absorbed character, someone with little redeeming qualities, rather than her typical sweetheart.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I cannot stand Julia.....funny thing is I do like a lot movies she happens to be in. This thread caught my eye because I recently saw Closer and loved it.
    Natalie P. deserved the Oscar nod and methinks Clive Owen did too (he's is so fine) Jude looked a mess...

Anyway, her laugh and her big mouth annoy the hell out of me. (just thinking of her makes me cringe)

and she does this weird thing with her mouth.....she puckers her lips together like she is in deep thought or something..........

I do not get her winning and Oscar. She So did not deserve that.JMHO!

She is a good actress but, there are far better and more deserving of an Oscar. Who was up against her that year? Anyone remember?

(I liked her in Mystic Pizza) maybe because she wasn't a "star" then. ick
    (and the flower one) Someone mentioned it (Dolly parton & Sally whatshername)
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Out of those movies listed my favourites are Ocean's Eleven (even though she didn't play a major part in it) and I love Trouble. I like the thrillers... When I was younger I liked romantic comedies but now I feel I've outgrown them, and therefore also Julia Roberts (and Meg Ryan). Besides I think Julia Roberts was mean when she payed the ex-wife of her husband to leave him (or maybe it was just a rumor, but if it's true it's really really mean)

Definitely Stepmom.... watched that again this weekend for the umpteenth time. I think that's the best I've seen her look. Loved the color and style of her hair.

Sleeping with the Enemy is either a tie, or a close second. She did pretty well in that movie, and I just love the haunting quality that she has in many scenes. I was just telling my bosses this morning that that's where I picked up my predilection for having to have all of my window blinds perfectly level. I always fear Patrick Bergin is going to pop out from a cubicle and choke me to death if the blinds aren't straight.

I really liked Notting Hill, but I was beyond pissed when she was bitching about my dear Hugh Grant and he overheard her on the microphone. Nobody puts my Hugh in a corner!

Mystic Pizza.... I will always love that movie... and I loved eating at the restaurant when I lived out that direction. (One of my cheesy eating excursions solely based upon its appearance in a movie, only surpassed by frozen hot chocolates at Serendipity III..heh)

CCL
    Julia Roberts has never really bothered me. Would I go see a movie just because she was in it? No. But I wouldn't avoid it either.
    Of the choices, Pretty Woman would probably be my favourite because I, unlike gutmutter, like a good glorified hooker movie. Notting Hill would be a close second.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It would definitely be Erin Brokowitz. I love Julia's versatility and ability to transform into a great character every time I see a movie that features her. Other favorites are Conspiracy Theory, Sleeping with the enemy and Steel Magnolias.

I love Julia Roberts.

I would have to pick three favorites: Notting Hill (I saw that 3 times in the theatre and millions of times since), Sleeping With the Enemy and Pretty Woman

CCL - I want to clarify that I don't like glorified hooker movies NOT because I'm a prude (I'm not!) but because those poor women have such a hard life, it is dismissive to make it seem all fun and easy and buddy, buddy. Milay - I forgot about Erin Brokowitz. She was really good in that.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast