+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer movies!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    It's driving my son crazy that I won't see Mr. & Mrs. Smith because of the cheating on his wife scandal. He doesn't see what that has to do with the movie. I don't think I could sit through the movie watching those two knowing they busted up his marriage. Yeah, I have issues there.
    Yes, but then part of me wants to see how they interact on screen - how prurient of me.
    I can't say I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for any of the summer blockbusters really. Probably Charlie & the Chocolate Factory to see how it compares to the original. And maybe War of the Worlds but the crazy tear Tom Cruise is on right now is kind of annoying. Never really a big fan of Mr. Cruise anyways. I still haven't seen Star Wars.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I can't decide if I want to see WOTW, I love Speilberg but I hate Cruise.

decisions, decisions.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I think a lot of people feel that way about WOW. The recent Tom Cruise stuff has gotten a little out of control, but I am going to see it anyway. There aren't that many scary/thriller type of movies coming out - that and Dark water are two of the only ones I can think of - so I am planning to check it out.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Well, so much for one of my greatly anticipated summer movies.

Batman Begins seems DOA, at least according to the Village Voice.

A portion:

Quote Originally Posted by Village Voice
    Stuck in a glower groove, Bale acts only insofar as the context and the equipment will let him; the movie's tidbits of bemused humanity are the sole responsibility of Morgan Freeman, as a Wayne Industries techie, and Michael Caine, as Alfred. Scrambling villains and motivations from three decades of comic books, Batman Begins seeks out a middle ground between the Spider-Man films (boyish rectitude and romance) and the X-Men series (pseudo-sophisticated political ideas, including an archnemesis monologue that suggests the WTO has always been part of Ra's al Ghul's secret clan, doggedly destroying societies around the globe with "economics"). That it more or less succeeds hardly calls for drinks on the house. Nolan, like many filmmakers, seems to rise or sink to the level of his material and under the burden of his budget; those looking for a taste of Memento's radical perspective amid the stunts and CGIs will feel bereft.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

didn't read it before I posted it, derrrr

Well, my daughter and her hubby just called me from the theater after watching Batman. They both said it's the best Batman movie, the best action movie, not to mention the best MOVIE ever. Granted, they were still buzzed from the surround sound and 44-ounce diet coke mixture, but they are forcing me to go. I've always been a strict Michael Keaton batman fan, and refused to accept anyone else in the role. But hey, I've got a couple of hours to kill this weekend. Maybe I'll nab my youngest kid and drag her along with me. It's going to take a lot to convince me!!

The main two I want to see are:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Batman Begins.

I'm going to see Batman on Tuesday, any New Yorker care to join and split my giant coke and popcorn Got a coupon for the jumbo one free the other day.

But I love me my man with a cape

I cant wait to see the Dukes of Hazzard. I've been waiting my whole life to see it. Havent you all?

Ev really? You're kidding right?
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Dukes of Hazard and Charlie and the chocolate factory are topping my list.

I wonder which of the 2 I will be sitting in when my water breaks?
    Hopefully Charlie *It's sooner*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The only movie I'm looking forward to is Fantastic Four. I'll probably end up seeing it on my birthday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast