+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zellweger and Chesney Marry

Zellweger and Chesney Marry

Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger and country music star Kenny Chesney were married Monday in a small ceremony on the island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, a publicist for Zellweger said.

The ceremony took place in front of close friends and family, Los Angeles-based publicist Nanci Ryder said in a statement. The bride wore a Carolina Herrera dress, she added.

It was the first marriage for both.

The couple met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones, the syndicated TV show “The Insider” reported.

Chesney, 37, lives on St. John, while Zellweger, who turned 36 two weeks ago, is from Katy, Texas.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar in 2004 for “Cold Mountain.” She was nominated for Oscars for her work in “Chicago” and “Bridget Jones’s Diary.”

Chesney currently has two albums on Billboard’s top 10 country albums chart, and his single “Anything But Mine” is No. 6 on the magazine’s hot country songs list.

Chesney was named Country Music Association entertainer of the year in November, and his “When The Sun Goes Down” was named album of the year. His other hits include “Me and You” and “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy.”

According to Country Weekly magazine, Chesney long ago named Zellweger as his favorite actress and was inspired to write his 1999 hit “You Had Me From Hello” after seeing her in “Jerry Maguire.”

Zellweger appeared at a recent Chesney concert in Jacksonsville, Fla., presenting him with a margarita and a kiss on stage, Country Weekly magazine reported.

Zellweger has dated White Stripes singer Jack White and “Me, Myself & Irene” co-star Jim Carrey.
    © 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7795850/

After the length of her previous relationships... and then she marries KC after less than 4 months of dating??? Hmmmmm....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I'm so out of it. I didn't even know they were dating.

I give it a year. You had me at divorce when you married after only knowing each other for 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I'm so out of it. I didn't even know they were dating.
    Me neither. I thought she was still with Damien Rice.

She does have a thing for musicians, doesn't she? I'm not familiar with Kenny Chesney's music, but I'll take a valid guess that Renée has gone downmarket musical talent-wise.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I was so sure Kenny was gay, I guess not.

Like most people, I had no clue these 2 were even dating. They've only known eachother 4 months, I doubt it will last. I wish them the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    Me neither. I thought she was still with Damien Rice.

She does have a thing for musicians, doesn't she? I'm not familiar with Kenny Chesney's music, but I'll take a valid guess that Renée has gone downmarket musical talent-wise.
    I think it's a matter of personal music taste. I think Kenny Chesney is fantastic and the White Stripes (Jack White) are are an awful band. Depends on what floats your boat I guess.

Even though I'm a guy, she traded up in the looks department. My last g/f used to drool and get weak in the kness at the very thought of Kenny Chesney. Talk about competition.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Good Luck to 'em.

Four months? Hmmmmmmmm . . . I dunno 'bout that. Marriages have been known to last after an even shorter period of the people involved knowing each other, but, again, I dunno.

Well, Good Luck to 'em, anyway.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I think it's a matter of personal music taste. I think Kenny Chesney is fantastic and the White Stripes (Jack White) are are an awful band. Depends on what floats your boat I guess.

Even though I'm a guy, she traded up in the looks department. My last g/f used to drool and get weak in the kness at the very thought of Kenny Chesney. Talk about competition.
    I totally agree Speedie.....I thought her ex was yuck! Kenny is cool. I've seen him in concert a few times at the Houston Rodeo and he is great.

I JUST read about these two in US Weekly over the weekend. I was shocked then, but I'm even more shocked now that I see they got married! Like others, I am wondering if Renee was feeling a little desperate since she hasn't been able to maintain much in the way of long term relationships. Odds are against them as an actress/singer pairing given the demands of schedules and long distances/time apart. Only time will tell....
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I was so sure Kenny was gay, I guess not.

Ditto, Eva I'm not into the country music scene but some of the pictures I looked up just now when I said "Kenny WHO?" to myself just looked a bit too into the pretty.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast