+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unleashed - 5/13

Unleashed - 5/13

Release Date: 2005-05-13 Action, Drama, Thriller
    From Hollywood.com

On and beneath the meanest streets of Glasgow, fiery gangster Bart is merciless with debtors, would-be rivals, and anyone else to whom he takes even a passing dislike. How does Bart maintain his chokehold? Through his unwitting enforcer Danny, who he has “raised” since boyhood. Danny has been kept as a near-prisoner by his “Uncle” Bart; trained to attack and, if necessary, kill. Danny knows little of life, except the brutal existence that Bart has so crudely and cruelly fashioned for him. But when Danny has a chance encounter with soft-spoken blind piano tuner Sam, he senses true kindness and compassion for the first time and experiences the transforming power of music. When a sudden gangland coup separates Danny from Bart and his mob, Danny is at last away from the underworld. He takes refuge with Sam and his spunky teenaged stepdaughter Victoria. Sam and Victoria open their home and hearts to Danny, who begins to envision a new future for himself. However, the mob will not give up its prize pupil so easily, and Danny must soon fight again, and fight back, to protect his new family and bury his troubled past.
    Cast: Morgan Freeman , Jet Li , Bob Hoskins , Kerry Condon , Michael Jenn

Director: Louis Leterrier , Pierre Morel

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Did anyone see this yet? I'm a moderate Jet Li fan and it looks like an interesting concept.

i haven't seen it, but the previews look amazing.

I've seen it and I had no high expectations before going. I thought it was really good. There's this good balance between your typical action flick and some sort of emotional story.

Morgan Freeman, as always, adds a nice touch to the movie.

I went to see it on opening weekend. Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors, and he was, of course, wonderful. Jet Li's moves are phenomenal.

The movie did have the feel of a lower-budget movie, but it was still a good story with lots of action. If you're a Jet Li fan, you'll like it.

+ Reply to Thread