+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - 12/9

Just d/l the trailer and it looks FANTASTIC! 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe' has always been one of my favorite books. When I was a kid I loved the Wonderworks movie, too, but now I think the actors were a little cheesy in it. I can't wait to see this new version.

Its funny because I've heard that exact same thing from other people - about the LWW trailer being better than the whole star wars movie. I used to love the BBC version that came on TV, but I definitely think this one is going to blow it out of the water!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Lea
    We were at Costco last night and just happened to see the Wonderworks verson on DVD, so we bought it and watched the first one last night and it was still as good as I remember. I think we'll watch Prince Caspian tonight.

I was at Costco over the weekend and saw it too! I was looking through DVDs and the Narnia box definitely grabbed my eye. I didn't get it but definitely want to re-watch before the new one comes out

Benjamin Franklin.

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    I was at Costco over the weekend and saw it too! I was looking through DVDs and the Narnia box definitely grabbed my eye. I didn't get it but definitely want to re-watch before the new one comes out
    I would go ahead and by them now because I'm willing to bet that come December they will be all sold out. We watched all three and I must say that when Eustace turnes into the dragon was really neat. I do like the first on the best. The white witch is just so evil.

Yeah, that's very true. I will definitely get a copy soon so I don't risk them selling out. I'm just afraid if i see the originals soon, I really won't be able to wait til December, LOL

btw, I just saw this new standee thing online: http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=350&dl=3739750

Has anyone seen one in real life? I still haven't...

Benjamin Franklin.

I really thought this would look like a Harry Potter clone. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer. Sorry to hate, but I really do hate Harry Potter. Perhaps I'm too old..perhaps I need more death and destruction..I don't know...it just bores me. However, the trailer for this looked really good, and surprisingly not as tame as one would expect out of a Disney movie.

Now, if they would just make the 1st 6 books of Dragonlance into movies

Lea
    Yeah, that's very true. I will definitely get a copy soon so I don't risk them selling out. I'm just afraid if i see the originals soon, I really won't be able to wait til December, LOL

btw, I just saw this new standee thing online: http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=350&dl=3739750

Has anyone seen one in real life? I still haven't...
    We saw a display of the wardrobe when we saw episode 3 and it was huge that's what caught my eye. It was Lucy opening the door and starting to walk inside. When we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory only a month later, it was gone,alas. This was the same theatre too.You could always buy the dvd's and just not watch them until later,if you have the willpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    We saw a display of the wardrobe when we saw episode 3 and it was huge that's what caught my eye. It was Lucy opening the door and starting to walk inside. When we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory only a month later, it was gone,alas. This was the same theatre too.You could always buy the dvd's and just not watch them until later,if you have the willpower.
    The wardrobe standee is still at our theater, but it had small figures, Tumnus the faun and the lamp post that had disappeared over time. Though not as clever, I think the new standee will probably be more durable.

I can't wait to see the movie, either. I've read them all. Doing TLTWATW first makes sense for many reasons. The Magician's Nephew is a prequel, and I think it makes more sense to read it after the first books. The only down side is that people who are fond of Lucy, Edwin, Peter and Susan will be disappointed to find they are not in Magician's Nephew. I hope they will be able to do all the movies. I think the studio looks at the success of LotR and Harry Potter and thinks book series are a way to get a ready-made audience.

Ginny

wolf and phat - forgot to ask... what was the reaction in the theater when they showed the preview? a friend of mine saw sith over the weekend and said people literally cheered when narnia previewed!
    Sorry for the delayed reaction.

The audience sat quietly through the trailer, and we're talking about an audience that one would assume likes entertainment of this "genre."

But I've found that audiences here, strangely, sit on their hands through just about everything--exciting trailers, funny/stirring moments in the films themselves, etc.

Back in my hometown, I'm used to the audiences cheering for every damn thing...even the animated race between Coke/Diet Coke/Cherry Coke/Caffeine Free Coke on the screen before the trailers/main feature. (I have my money on Cherry Coke every time, but that three-legged nag never fails to disappoint me.)

As for Lewis' beliefs: well, yeah, we're talking about the guy who wrote Mere Christianity.

ETA: If you're interested in the trailer, see it here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney...iclesofnarnia/

(I like the quality of the Apple/Quicktime trailers.)

Along the same lines of Narnia, I can't wait to see what they do with the film adaptation for His Dark Materials.
    Last edited by phat32; 08-21-2005 at 03:02 PM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread