+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - 12/9

i LOVE that sword and sorcery stuff. plus, i'm hoping that TLTWATW will be so great that they'll continue on and make many of the wonderful chronicles of narnia into movies.

trailer looks good

i'll have to re-read the book though, i only read it once and i was like 10 when i did lol

so i dont remember the story at all, except they go through a wadrobe to get to the other world and come back lol

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i LOVE that sword and sorcery stuff. plus, i'm hoping that TLTWATW will be so great that they'll continue on and make many of the wonderful chronicles of narnia into movies.

I SECOND and THIRD that one Sher!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    so i dont remember the story at all, except they go through a wadrobe to get to the other world and come back lol

Like you, I don't remember much either, other than the kids going through the wardrobe to get to another world and meeting the lion.

I might just re-read the book again this summer. I saw the trailers during the Return of the Sith movie, and they were spectacular!

I love all sorts of movies, but I do have a special place for Fantasy-related movies or as a friend of mine will say, "That Dream Stuff".
    Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    yup, add me to the list of those who always cries when aslan dies. i think this movie will be phenomenal with the same team that created LOTR at the reigns. in the past there's been a cartoon and a cheesy "play" on pbs of "the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe." it was long overdue that a real team of big budget movie makers got a hold of this movie. i bet it will be amazing.
    I couldn't agree more - this movie was LONG over due!! But I heard that whoever is in charge of the CS Lewis estate was waiting until the perfect opportunity came along and they decided that the combo of people doing this one were exactly what they were looking for!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I dont know if I would classify TLTWATW as a 'scorcery' type movie. This is a book by C.S. Lewis after all, one of the greatest Christians of our time. Aslan represents Jesus Christ; His death and resurection. If you've never read the book, I would highly recomend reading it before you see the movie.

I agree about reading the book before you see the movie... I just reread TLTWATW over christmas when I first heard about the movie.

wolf and phat - forgot to ask... what was the reaction in the theater when they showed the preview? a friend of mine saw sith over the weekend and said people literally cheered when narnia previewed!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by singing w/ Clay
    I dont know if I would classify TLTWATW as a 'scorcery' type movie. This is a book by C.S. Lewis after all, one of the greatest Christians of our time. Aslan represents Jesus Christ; His death and resurection. If you've never read the book, I would highly recomend reading it before you see the movie.

yikes, really? I read this also when I was like 10, and do not remember much about it. I'd like to read it again, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy it so much with this perspective.

Hopefully they won't play that up and it will be more on the Harry Potter level.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

i dont remember the book being religious

is it?

the book was written by cs lewis for his nieces and nephews. and he wrote it as a fairy tale, not as a religious tale. because he was a christian writer, that of course came into play, but not overtly. and not in a way that would turn off those that aren't christian. those of us that are christian and have heard the birth, life, death and resurrection of christ see the parallels, though. lewis was a great christian writer. i can't comment on him being one of the greatest christians since i didn't know him and didn't know anyone that knew him.

but yes, aslan is the christ figure in the book... but the movie won't be played up as a religious movie. it will play out as the fantasy fairy tale that it is.

+ Reply to Thread