+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crash - 5/06

Crash - 5/06

Release Date: 5/6/2005 Drama Rated: R Runtime: 1 hr 40 mins
    From Hollywood.com

Set in Los Angeles, starts with the discovery of a man's brutally murdered body on the side of the road and tracks the previous 24 hours in the lives of eight people connected with the killing.
    Cast: Don Cheadle , Ryan Phillippe , Sandra Bullock , Thandie Newton , Matt Dillon , Nona Gaye

Director: Paul Haggis , James Muro

I've seen trailers for this movie and it looks to be really good.
    I do have a Sandra Bullock embargo that I might have to lift in order to see it.
    Don Cheadle should be able to neutralize her.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    This movie does look mighty interesting.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Sandra Bullock embargo. I have one for Tom Cruise and Jennifer Lopez.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I have been waiting to see this movie. Been waiting to see a movie deal that deals seriously with racism in the present day. Should be good.

I thought the name of the film sounded familiar. I'd read an interview with Paul Haggis, who wrote the screenplay for this film and for my favorite film from last year, Million Dollar Baby.

Apparently, if memory serves, he was inspired to write the screenplay based on a real-life carjacking incident that happened to him (Haggis).
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I seen it last night on mother's day with my boyfriend. This movie touched my heart. The basic premise of the film is when you're confronted with a life altering decision to make, do you have the courage to stand up for your convictions or are you going to take the easy way out by making the decision that causes the least amount of waves. It makes you think, hey how would I react in this situation? Would I be real and true to who I am and what I believe in. Deep... GO SEE IT! I laughed, I got very angry, I cried OUT LOUD and didn't care who heard me because the ladies next to me were boo whoing too... I'd go see it again... Bravo.

What did you think?
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I thought the name of the film sounded familiar. I'd read an interview with Paul Haggis, who wrote the screenplay for this film and for my favorite film from last year, Million Dollar Baby.

Apparently, if memory serves, he was inspired to write the screenplay based on a real-life carjacking incident that happened to him (Haggis).
    Wasn't this also the name of a really twisted "car crash fetish" movie starring James Spader and Holly Hunter?

Thank you for the thoughtful comments, 702loves205! I'll keep your thoughts in mind when I decide to see this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    Wasn't this also the name of a really twisted "car crash fetish" movie starring James Spader and Holly Hunter?
    Sure was: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115964/

I've never seen it, but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the title of this film.

By the way, you just have to love IMDB. A closer look at Haggis' credits before Million Dollar Baby reveals that he was a writer for Due South, along with being the co-creator of Walker, Texas Ranger. I know we all have to work and earn our daily bread somehow, but that's classic.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    To those who have seen this movie:

I have read many reviews of Crash, and there seem to be two contradictory camps of critics -- one which finds it wonderfully complex and subtle, and one which finds it excessively preachy and about as complex and subtle as getting hit in the head with a bat.

Which is it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast