+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crash - 5/06

FORT Fan
    This is definitley one of the most inspirationinal and touching movies of 2004. It has a good lesson. We as fans, should support the film by recommending to family and friends. We should spread the lesson, and hopefully it will raise more awareness.

Kao
    It's the biggest grossing indie film this year, so hopefully there will be more in this vein.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I was glad that this film up until the end of Aug. was still playing in theatres here in this state.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I tried to drum up interest for this one with my hubby and son, but unless it includes action figures and over-the-top antics they're not interested. I might have to just rent it and watch it on my computer. I've wanted to see it since it came out, but I'm usually too busy to sit down and watch a movie.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I tried to drum up interest for this one with my hubby and son, but unless it includes action figures and over-the-top antics they're not interested. I might have to just rent it and watch it on my computer. I've wanted to see it since it came out, but I'm usually too busy to sit down and watch a movie.
    Me b/f is the same way - but i rented it and got the watch it 1st out of the few movies we rented and he really did enjoy it. It isn't what you expect and it's got its own "over the top" antics.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    Wow, I would never have guessed you were only 13! Some of your posts are very astute and mature. Good for your parents. And as for your question, absolutely this is a perfect movie for you. It wiil really make you aware of the racial issues that still affect this country. I think it should be required viewing for kids in your age group. I think your parents would agree.
    Awww... thanks snoopy! Yeah, I guess I'll just go out and buy the movie and my local Rogers Video.

I was blown away by this movie. My boyfriend fell asleep and I was trying to get friends to see it and everyone too busy. Family not interested or too busy too. My best friend watched it the other day and we talked for an hour about it last night. She has 3 kids that are half black and it affected her in a different way but, just blew us both away.

Loved it.

We both wondered why it didn't get any awards. Or did it?

Not that awards mean everything but, I just thought it was excellent.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Matt Dillon was nominated for it at the golden globes.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Hi Amy
    I saw only a little of the Globe's show and didn't know he was nominated (I need a vacation)

jeesh. I saw him in the audience though. Who did win that one? He was so good in that role. Bad guy but, then taking care of his dad.

I loved this movie!!! Just reading about it makes me realize how much more than there is to it than what you can even process when you see it. I'm also driving people crazy to watch it and that doesn't make for a good movie. Especially when it's not a very "happy story".
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

This movie made me weepy as well, so i'm glad that you saw it and advocate that others do as well. It's funny how after you see it, you really feel like you have to talk to someone about it. Accidentally, that's what i did and i felt better because of it. This isn't a happy film nor one i'm in a rush to get the dvd for but certainly one that makes you think.

I believe Phillip Seymore won the award for Capote in the category.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast