+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crash - 5/06

FORT Fogey
    Do any of you recommend the movie to me? I mean, I'm 13, and I'm not sure if I would like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTManonimus
    I've yelled out, when the little girl came in between her father and the man with the gun!
    This is one great movie!

I did the same thing. It's a Great movie. I bought it the day is was released on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    Do any of you recommend the movie to me? I mean, I'm 13, and I'm not sure if I would like it or not.

I absolutely recommend it to you. Very important film to see.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Regular
    This moviie really blew me away! and everyone and their mother were in it!

Kao
    Just watched this tonight. Absolutely amazing film because it deals with what people think EVERY DAY, it's not "Hey, the skinheads are going to get you" type of racism. It's the little stuff that wears you down..the clutching of purses, the language barrier that makes it hard for people to understand, having to work for people who don't respect you at all as a person. When the guys store is completely trashed and his daughter is reading the grafitti that is sprayed on the walls and she says "They think we are from Afganistan. We are PERSIAN" rang so true because people DON'T bother to see the difference. They see people who look a certain way and they think that they are terrorist.

There are no absolutes in this movie. Nobody is all good, or all bad, even when they are behaving badly. And it's the strongest, most honest movie on race you will ever see.

ps. Larenz Tate and Ryan Phillipe are STILL fine as hell!

I LOVED this movie!!!!!

For me, the best aspect was the fact that it was less about the 'extremes' of racism than the 'shades of gray'. It highlighted how insidious the 'racist' tendencies (or maybe just the beliefs in certain stereotypes) can be in people who do not consider themselves to be racist.
    The associations between the characters were so complex and interesting, it gave me chills. I cried when that little girl ran out in front of her dad and the relationship between the character's played by Matt Dillon and Thandie Newton was very powerful.
    I highly recommend this movie to anyone!!

Aspen

FORT Fan
    I'm 14, and I watched the movie on DVD and it was really GOOD. It's worth watching in the theatres or dvd. Very dramatic. You'll burst into discussion ounce you've finished watching it.

Yeah, would recommend it to you. My 12 year old cousin thought it was a great movie and I will have my kids watch it when they are around that age.

Wow, I would never have guessed you were only 13! Some of your posts are very astute and mature. Good for your parents. And as for your question, absolutely this is a perfect movie for you. It wiil really make you aware of the racial issues that still affect this country. I think it should be required viewing for kids in your age group. I think your parents would agree.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fort_Fan911
    I'm 14, and I watched the movie on DVD and it was really GOOD. It's worth watching in the theatres or dvd. Very dramatic. You'll burst into discussion ounce you've finished watching it.
    Like Doeboy, you are the perfect age for this, and I applaud you for recognizing the opportunity for discussion this movie inspires.
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast