+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New James Bond Named

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

New James Bond Named

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...e_050406114945

LONDON (AFP) - The producers of the hugely successful James Bond film franchise have chosen British actor Daniel Craig to take over the role of the suave super-spy, a report said.

The 37-year-old has been offered a three-film deal by Bond producer Barbara Broccoli and is expected to sign up formally in the next few weeks, The Sun newspaper reported Wednesday.

Craig, a tough-looking character actor who has mixed up appearances in many art-house titles with roles in blockbusters such as "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider", just beat fellow Briton Clive Owen for the role, the report said.

Craig would be the sixth Bond in the official series of films based on the novels by Ian Fleming, following Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and most recent incumbent Pierce Brosnan.

According to The Sun, Owen -- nominated for an Oscar this year for film "Closer" -- had told casting agents he did not want the job, although Broccoli was already favouring Craig.

While Craig remains relatively unknown outside Britain, he is well respected as an actor and also has the necessary reputation for being something of a Bond-esque ladies man, having recently dated supermodel Kate Moss.

Citing an unnamed "movie source", The Sun said that staff working at Eon Productions, which makes the Bond movies, had been told Craig would star in the next films.

"Daniel is the new 007. He is going through the deal with his lawyers. It's a big commitment for a minimum of 10 years, but he has indicated he will take the job," the source said.

Brosnan's last film as Bond was "Die Another Day" in 2002. Since then a string of possible replacements have been mooted, including Britons Jude Law and Ewan McGregor and Australian actors Hugh Jackman and Eric Bana.

Fleming's novels chronicling the adventures of the British spy codenamed 007 were first turned into a film in 1962, with "Dr No".
    To me he doesn't look the part.. but who knows. I haven't seen any of his movies so I can't make a good call on it. :/

His IMDB listing:

http://imdb.com/name/nm0185819/

He looks a bit like a young Alec Guinness. Either way, I'm ready for a new Bond movie.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Okay, I'm totally torn. I really, REALLY dig this guy as an actor. I've always thought he had a sexy, dangerous quality to him. I just don't know about him as Bond. I'll reserve judgement. I mean, he's already better than Timothy Dalton(*shudder*) before he ever makes his first movie. I'll be missing my dead sexy Pierce, though.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Dougray Scott and Ewen McGreggor have been my 2 choices to replace anyone as Bond.

I was still holding out hope for Eric Bana.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Clive Owen would've been great! I can't believe this dufus beat out Owen... no matter what he says, who wouldn't wanna be Bond if given the chance....seriously...that should be ever guy's fantasy lol.

Anyway, this guy looks nothing like a Bond to me but maybe with enough grease in his hair and some makeup, he could turn out alright. I still think Owen would've been better... =/
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I wasn't really hoping for any new james bond but was kind of disappointed that Eric Bana didn't get it. Even though David Craig is one of the few British actors who's name i can remember i don't think he would be as good as the original 007.
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by dropletsofrain
    Even though David Craig is one of the few British actors who's name i can remember i don't think he would be as good as the original 007.
    The best part is that his name is Daniel, not David. Oh dear. :wink

Apparently there is still a question mark as to whether Daniel Craig will in fact be the next Bond (ie nothing's been confirmed). So you never know. I still think Clive Owen would be fabulous but I heard he's not interested. I've never been a fan of the Bond series myself but I would go if Clive Owen was in it!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hughjackmanhughjackmanhughjack manhughjackman

Um there was someone else I liked for the part .Daniel Craig played poor Alex in the first Lara Croft

I am not on board with this casting decision AT ALL.

I would have been happier with ANY of other the choices listed above, as I love Clive Owen, Eric Bana, and Hugh Jackman (I always that Jude Law was too pretty and Ewan MacGregor as too boyish for the part).

I have enjoyed this guy in the few movies I've seen with him, but I just don't envision him in the role of James Bond. This doesn't bode well for the franchise, which I think could have been revitalized, but is fast becoming obsolete.

ETA: Eny, all I can see in the picture you posted above is Angelina Jolie's massive pair of--lips, I meant to say, lips.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 04-08-2005 at 06:19 AM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast