+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kung Fu Hustle - 04/08/05 (limited release)

Kung Fu Hustle - 04/08/05 (limited release)

from rottentomatoes.com

Kung Fu Hustle

THEATRICAL RELEASE
    Apr 8, 2005 Limited

CAST & CREW
    Stephen Chow
    Directed by Stephen Chow
    more...

SYNOPSIS
    Set amid the chaos of pre-revolutionary China, small time thief, Sing, aspires to be one of the sophisticated and ruthless Axe Gang whose underworld activities overshadow the city. more...

MPAA RATING
    R, for sequences of strong stylized action and violence

RELEASE COMPANY
    Sony Pictures Classics

GENRE
    Foreign Films, Chinese/Cantonese, Comedy, Martial Arts, Gangsters, Hong Kong, Chinese, Kung Fu, Battles, Students.

Thanks, this looks great... I can't wait!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

did HUGE in asia...

I've got the DVD, but haven't watched the whole film yet...a lot of the "matrix" in this movie...

It was awesome

I just saw it tonight. Loved it!
    Totally crazy, over the top action and sometimes cartoonish violence. It was also funny, quirky, and visually interesting. I think I enjoyed it more than friends I went with, but I tend to go more for art house and foreign films (several were surprised by the subtitles - why, I don't know) and enjoy films that are different from the norm.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've been watching Stephen Chow movies since I was a kid, he's a huge HK icon and I'm so glad he's finally coming to the States. Kung Fu Hustle was great, I definitely recommend it to people. Although I think some of the humors requires a little knowledge of Chinese movies/fables to understand its comedic aspect in the movie, but its an enjoyable movie.

However, I do prefer some of his older classics and Shaolin Soccer, which was a major Asian hit in 2001! Go Stephen!

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I saw this a couple of weeks ago. Definitly a good watch. It's got a lot of Kung Fu/Matrix kinds of moves along with its huge comedic factor...you'll laugh until it hurts at most scenes..but there are also some dramatic scenes too..it's got it all
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Although I think some of the humors requires a little knowledge of Chinese movies/fables to understand its comedic aspect in the movie, but its an enjoyable movie.
    I ususually like most everything, but you can Add me to the "huh?" List. Perhaps it was the 4 yr old girl who wouldn't STFU next to me... But when I left I found myself thinking "That movie did'nt know WHAT genre it wanted to be, so it just threw in a dab of everything and edited it randomly" Husband and I both agreed it was good, but actually had too much plot. And we are suckers for a good plot. But like I said, that kid would not shut up the WHOLE FREAKIN TIME... She kept telling about some Rocket that hit her in the eye and asking for my gummy worms.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread