+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Be The Next James Bond?

Who Should Be The Next James Bond?

Fans want Jude Law as next James Bond

LONDON, Jan. 27 — English actor Jude Law topped a poll of British film fans Monday to find the next incarnation of suave secret agent James Bond. The 30-year-old star took more than a quarter of the votes in the Total Film magazine survey, finishing just ahead of Scottish “Star Wars” actor Ewan McGregor.

TOTAL FILM EDITOR Matt Mueller said, “I think Jude Law has that upper-class, debonair sophistication about him that people associate with James Bond, more so than Ewan McGregor and Christian Bale who came close.”

He said McGregor’s close second place was interesting. “He is Scottish, as of course was Sean Connery, the first ever Bond.”

Current 007 actor Pierce Brosnan has committed himself to a fifth outing as Bond but has said he may be too old for a sixth. “It takes stamina to play this role. I would like to get off the stage with grace,” he told a news conference last year.

Hugh Grant, famous for playing a foppish Englishman in “Four Weddings and a Funeral,” took just 2 percent of the votes.

Bond has to appear dangerous, as well. That's my biggest complaint with Roger Moore. Whereas Connery looked convincing as he switched between debonair and deadly, Moore looked ridiculous.

That being said, it's not surprising at all that Hugh Grant got as few as 2% of the vote. What is surprising is that he got any votes at all! I could see Jude Law, though. He can look dangerous when he wants to.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by Paulie
    Bond has to appear dangerous, as well. That's my biggest complaint with Roger Moore. Whereas Connery looked convincing as he switched between debonair and deadly, Moore looked ridiculous.

That being said, it's not surprising at all that Hugh Grant got as few as 2% of the vote. What is surprising is that he got any votes at all! I could see Jude Law, though. He can look dangerous when he wants to.
    I agree, Paulie...

Jude Law has the perfect attitude for James Bond. Did you see him in Gattaca? Great actor. However Christian Bale has the right charisma, look, and can certainly act out the right attitude for the role. I'd be happy with either actor.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I'd be OK with Bale, too. Not so down with Ewan McGregor. I like him as an actor, but he always looks like he's about to crack up. Besides, he's Obi-Wan now. Only one pop iconic role per customer, unless you're Harrison Ford.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Jude Law just doesn't strike me as Bond. I don't know but to me he is a little to much on the scrawny. When I read the title of this thread the first name that actually poped into my head was Ewan McGregor
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

That raises an interesting question. How tall are all these guys, anyway? Bond needs to be tall. Camera tricks can only take you so far, Alan Ladd.

Yea, Jude Law's biggest problem with the role would be his size. He is a little on the scrawny side. Ewan doesn't look serious enough to be a Bond in my opinion. In "Trainspotting" he seemed, like Paulie says, about to "crack up" in scenes where he really shouldn't.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

FORT Fogey
    I think I like Christian Bale, he is dashing and definately has the body for it! Also, he will be a little older then and I think of Jude law as a blonde for some reason, I know he isn't always but I just think of him that way.

I wonder who Fluff would favor in this competition. She doesn't have a near-manic attraction to any of the candidates, as far as I can recall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast