+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melinda and Melinda - 3/15

Melinda and Melinda - 3/15

Release Date: 3/15/2005 Comedy Rated: PG-13 Runtime: 2 hrs

From Hollywood.com

Over a meal in a Chinese restaurant, Sy poses a conundrum to his fellow diners: Is the essence of life comic or tragic? For the sake of argument, he tells a story, which the others then embellish to illustrate their takes on life. The story starts as follows: A young Manhattan couple, Park Avenue princess Laurel and tippling actor Lee, throw a dinner party to impress Lee's would-be producer when their long-lost friend Melinda appears at their front door, bedraggled and woebegone. In the tragic version of what happens next, the beautiful intruder is a disturbed woman who got bored with her Midwestern doctor-husband and dumped him for a photographer. Her husband took the children away and she spiraled into a suicidal depression that landed her straight-jacketed in a mental ward. In the comic version, Melinda is childless and a downstairs neighbor to the dinner hosts, who are ambitious indie filmmaker Susan and under-employed actor Hobie. Back and forth the stories go, contrasting the destinies of the two Melindas.
    Cast: Woody Allen , Chloe Sevigny , Radha Mitchell , Jonny Lee Miller , Chiwetel Ejiofor , Robert Downey Jr
    Director: Woody Allen , Vilmos Zsigmond

I'm not a big Woody Allen fan and can't say I was too interested in this movie,until I saw those three magic words... Jonny Lee Miller!!!

+ Reply to Thread