+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Cool - 03/04/05

Be Cool - 03/04/05

from rottentomatoes.com
    Be Cool
    Release Date: 3/4/2005 Action, Comedy, Crime Rated: PG-13 Runtime: 1 hr 54 mins

Plot: Streetwise mobster-turned-movie producer Chili Palmer is back, but this time Chili has abandoned the fickle movie industry and veered into the music business, tangling with Russian mobsters and gangsta rappers and taking a talented, feisty young singer named Linda Moon under his wing. From the recording studio to an Aerosmith concert to the MTV Music Awards, he manipulates events to watch them play out the Chili way, using his signature blend of wiseguy skills and negotiation tactics. Itís a dangerous business, and everyoneís looking for their next big hit.

Cast: Danny DeVito , John Travolta , Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson , Uma Thurman , Cedric 'Cedric The Entertainer' Kyles , Rene Russo , James Gandolfini

Director: F Gary Gray

Not sure if I'll see this one at the theatre, but I have to say that I love Vince Vaughn. I can get his "twinkle, twinke, baby" line out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Not sure if I'll see this one at the theatre, but I have to say that I love Vince Vaughn. I can get his "twinkle, twinke, baby" line out of my head.
    I have to say the only reason I am seeing this is because of Vince Vaughn!

Whereas I probably won't be seeing it because of John Travolta. I don't know why but his performances have really been bugging me lately.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Whereas I probably won't be seeing it because of John Travolta. I don't know why but his performances have really been bugging me lately.
    I agree! I'm going to watch this movie despite of John Travolta. I am so sick of him dancing. I'd rather watch Vince Vaughn do his "hip hop" rendition. LOL!

Glad to see other Vince Vaughan fans here too; honestly, he's probably the main reason I'll watch this.

Like Zhora and MsMamba, Travolta has been annoying me recently (is it the Scientology or what? ), although I do think it'll be cute to see Uma & him dance together again, a la Jack Rabbit Slim's.

I guess this is a sequel, but I never saw Get Shorty--was it any good? Should I rent it before seeing this one?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

In my opinion Get Shorty was forgettable. Well, at least I think so...I don't really remember.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

That's cute, Zhora! Well, in that case, I might just skip it.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Glad to see other Vince Vaughan fans here too; honestly, he's probably the main reason I'll watch this.

I guess this is a sequel, but I never saw Get Shorty--was it any good? Should I rent it before seeing this one?
    Glad you asked about Get Shorty, I never saw it either and I guess now I am not going to plan on seeing it.
    I am glad to be in the company of other Vince Vaughn supporters. Love him!

I liked Get Shorty, but I thought the press at the time overhyped it. I've noticed that the Hollywood press tend to overdo it when it comes to films that satirize the industry, like The Player.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast