+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be Cool - 03/04/05

A very cute movie. Saw it the other day and it was pretty entertaining. Fantastic cast especially Vince Vaughn.
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

I saw Be Cool Sunday evening, and I was entertained. I enjoyed the fact that it was mocking itself within' the first ten minutes, and that the product placement was downright blatant. First half of the movie was a bit too slow for my liking, and I wasn't really liking any of the characters, but by the second half the theater was laughing pretty hard. Mostly thanks to The Rock's character, but overall the cast did a good job.

The only person I really didn't buy into was Uma Thurman, actually. Her performance seemed a bit too shallow and weak, but she had her moments, I will give her that. I'll definitely have to rent this again when it comes out on DVD in about four to six months time.

I went in to watch this movie with a friend and my husband, and I didn't really have any expectations from seeing the previews. However, I ended up loving it. I loved the way they made fun of everything that's supposedly "hip" & I'm still now, a week later, trying to piece together some of the elements to figure out what they were referring to. I thought it was hilarious and I probably will get the dvd when it comes out

I'm not a big fan of Uma Thurman but thought she was ok in this role, she fit the role they put her in
    I've also seen Get Shorty before and I agree with above posters, it was forgettable, I thought this one was better

Vince Vaughn was hilarious... I love him, I love everything he does and his role was really funny. I'm in with the VV club
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    My husband and I took my nephew to see this yesterday. I thought it was good, especially how they mocked the industry and "hip" things. Hubby and nephew were kind of bored.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Gilgamesh
    First half of the movie was a bit too slow for my liking, and I wasn't really liking any of the characters, but by the second half the theater was laughing pretty hard. Mostly thanks to The Rock's character, but overall the cast did a good job.
    ...my sentiments exactly.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I finally saw this and thought it was a lot of fun. Not a lot of substance to it, but it was fast-paced, very entertaining, and I and the rest of the peeps I went with had a pretty good time. John Travolta was the least annoying he's been in a long time, which is a good thing. Vince Vaughan was so great, but the Rock and Cedric the Entertainer really stole the show. They were so wrong for that Miss Bangkok though!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Saw the movie - looorrrvvved it. Still a Vince Vaughan fan, Christinia Millian looked gorgous in the movie.
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12