+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Recruit (2003) - 1/31

The Recruit (2003) - 1/31

[IMG]images/stor/recruit.jpg[/IMG]
    The Recruit (2003)

Synopsis: James Clayton might not have the attitude of a typical recruit, but he is one of the smartest graduating seniors in the country--and he's just the person that Walter Burke wants in the Agency. James regards the CIA's mission as an intriguing alternative to an ordinary life, but before he becomes an Ops Officer, James has to survive The Farm, where the veteran Burke teaches him the ropes and rules of the game. James quickly rises through the ranks and falls for Layla, one of his fellow recruits. But just when James starts to question his role and decides to "wash out," Burke taps him for a special assignment to root out a mole. It soon becomes clear that at The Farm, the CIA's old maxims are true: "trust no one" and "nothing is at it seems."

Statistics
    Genre(s): Action, Drama, Thriller Rating: MPAA PG-13 Runtime: 115 mins. Theatrical Release: 01/31/2003

Cast & Role
    Al Pacino - Walter Burke
    Colin Farrell - James Clayton
    Bridget Moynahan- Layla
    Gabriel Macht - Zack
    Eugene Lipinski - Husky
    Brian Rhodes - Psychiatrist
    Kenneth Mitchell - Alan

Crew & Credit
    Roger Donaldson - Director
    Gary Barber - Producer

I love spy movies and I think Colin Ferrell will likely make an excellent spy. (Loved him in Tigerland) I haven't seen any previews yet, but look forward to this one.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Colin Ferrell is such a hottie. I love spy movies too, so I'm definitely watching this one, hopefully, this weekend.

This one looks pretty good, though we just may wait and get it on DVD...

This one looks good, but I haven't been impressed with Al Pacino's latest movies, so I'll definitely be waiting for the DVD.

I love Colin Farrell so I'll be seeing this one if possible.

Simone was a dud for Pacino but I like dhis performance in Insomnia.

I've seen the previews a few times and it looks good
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, I went to the matinee show today to watch this movie. It was okay, but I felt it lacked a little bit more suspense. The ending was good.

Colin was pretty good, as usual, but there were some scenes where he acted rather unlike a spy. It just seemed he wasn't as insconspicous as spies should be during missions. Al Pacino was Al Pacino. He pretty much acts the same in all the movies,imo.

All in all, it was an okay movie. Just don't think too much of it, and you'll have an enjoyable time.

+ Reply to Thread