+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost in La Mancha (2003) - 1/31

Lost in La Mancha (2003) - 1/31

[IMG]images/stor/mancha.jpg[/IMG]
    Lost in La Mancha (2003)

Synopsis: A documentary that details and depicts the pre-production and the first six days of production of acclaimed director Terry Gilliam's ill-fated attempt to film "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote" in late 2000. Piece by piece, the entire production ended up falling apart. A series of events conspire to shut down the project altogether: a severe storm washing away equipment; jet fighters interrupting the filming of the pivitol and somber Inquisition scene; and the star suffering a damaging back injury. Gilliam's decades-long dream to make a film based on Don Quixote came to a grinding halt--but it was all captured on film. Thus, what was expected to be, simply, a special documentary featurette--shown as part of the film's eventual DVD package--is now the basis of the film, itself.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Documentary Rating: MPAA R Runtime: 92 mins.
    Theatrical Release: 01/31/2003

Cast & Role
    Jeff Bridges - Narrator
    Terry Gilliam - Himself
    Jean Rochefort - Himself
    Johnny Depp - Himself
    Vanessa Paradis - Herself
    Bernard Bouix Himself--Executive Producer
    Rene Cleitman Himself--Producer
    Benjamin Fernandez - Himself

Crew & Credit
    Keith Fulton - Director
    Louis Pepe - Director

How interesting that this movie had all those freak problems that caused it to shut down. It's still a documentary, so I'm pretty sure I won't watch it.

If this came on television I would have Tivo tape it, and watch it once. It sounds like it might be interesting. I can't even imagine what they must have gone through.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread