+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constantine - 2/18

Constantine - 2/18

Release Date: 2/18/2005 Action, Adaptation, Sci-Fi Rated: R Runtime: 2 hrs 1 min

From Hollywood.com

John Constantine has been to hell and back. Born with a gift he didnít want, the ability to clearly recognize the half-breed angels and demons that walk the earth in human skin, Constantine was driven to take his own life to escape the tormenting clarity of his vision. But he failed. Resuscitated against his will, he found himself cast back into the land of the living. Now, marked as an attempted suicide with a temporary lease on life, he patrols the earthly border between heaven and hell, hoping in vain to earn his way to salvation by sending the devilís foot soldiers back to the depths. But Constantine is no saint. Disillusioned by the world around him and at odds with the one beyond, heís a hard-drinking, hard-living bitter hero who scorns the very idea of heroism.
    Constantine will fight to save your soul but he doesnít want your admiration or your thanks--and certainly not your sympathy. All he wants is a reprieve. When a desperate but skeptical police detective enlists his help in solving the mysterious death of her beloved twin sister, their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldly events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.
    Cast: Keanu Reeves , Rachel Weisz , Tilda Swinton , Gavin Rossdale , Djimon Hounsou

Director: Francis Lawrence

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I saw the preview for this last night at "Million Dollar Baby." The visuals, at least, looked amazing!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Looks interesting.....

I saw this today. It had the depth of a blade film. Interesting visuals, good idea - like all holly wood movies, it could have been so much more and so much better than it was. A tip to those who do see it, stay through the end credits, there is a little pay-off there for those who like Shia LeBeouf (and i htink he's a lot of fun, they needed more of him). However, the preview for the new batman with Christiam Bale and Ed norton looked really good.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I watched this when we had no other movies to catch in the theatre. What a pleasant surprise. Keanu Reeves. I wasn't a fan before but that brooding self of his is attractive in this movie.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Story sounds interesting. Not a Keanu fan, but I'll probably give it a shot.

(Can't help thinking of The Beast - great movie, main character "Constantine".)
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Keannu does look quite good in this film. And i like that there wasn't any sexuality/sex, ripping off of the females clothes, etc. That way it was clean. When Keannu (fianlly) ripped off his shirt, there were cheers from all the females in the theater

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I went to see it last night, and overall I did like it, I thought Keanu did a good job (though he still reminds me of his Matrix character).....the visuals of hell and the demons were pretty cool, and most of the film was creepy. Quite entertaining....I was engrossed the entire time.

Keanu looked like death to me. He was pasty white, with dark circles under his eyes, and he was kind of skinny. I liked his look better in that movie Point Break.

The story is pretty much along the same lines as some 'angels are jealous of humans' movies I've seen. Still it was interesting, but nothing new. The actors that played Gabriel and Lucifer did a magnificent job, though.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Yep, I love the acting by Reeves and especially Gabrielle. She was so cool and Lucifier was was crazy too. The movie was overall good in my opinion. It had its point, it good acting, its good graphics, and so on. The suspense and horror was a little creepy to. Definitely must see.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast