+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bride and Prejudice - 2/11

I was talking about her with a friend and she said that the actress is arrogant because of the color of her eyes.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Wolf, I hadn't heard it was a musical, and that has the opposite effect on me! I just have to keep my hubby from hearing that detail or I'll be going by myself, though.
    I'm with you, heppie. Musical? *perk*

I'm surprised your hubby would even remotely consider it with *bride* in the title. My exBF would have shivered at the thought of going anywhere near a movie that screamed *chick flick* in the title.

CCL
    A musical to boot! Oh happy day!

This was a great movie to watch the day before VD. I was smiling through much of it and there are some geniunely LOL moments - even hubby was laughing. I definitely recommend it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Wow. So it's good? Cuz I'm a long-time lover of the book, and I'm soooo devoted to the 1995 version of P&P. I've been debating whether or not to see this one, you know, what with changes they might make in the plot or characters. But from what I'm reading, sounds like I should give it a chance!

They had to condense some characters like most renditions of the book have. If you're referring to the A&E mini-series, there's no comparison because they had so much more time to flesh out the story.

It's a Bollywood musical, which I enjoy, with the P&P plot, and some pro-India plot thrown in.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Yeah, I's referring to the A&E slice of heaven. . .but I know a feature couldn't come close to that because of the time thing, and audience concerns, etc. I just didn't want to go into this expecting Jane Austen gone to India and find it something completely different.

I loved this movie I always love all the amazing bright colours that they use in the Bollywood movies.

But I kept waiting for Sayid to speak with a middle eastern accent, like he does in lost

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12