+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oscar Nominations Announced

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Actually, it can happen. It's happened in the past.
    Are you serious? Two people have won the Oscar in the same category? When and with who??

FORT Fan
    And I'm disappointed that Kevin Spacey didn't get nominated at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Are you serious? Two people have won the Oscar in the same category? When and with who??
    It only happens when there is a tie. I forget with who though.

In the "Best Actor" category there has been one tie: way back in 1932. Wallace Beery (The Champ) and Frederic March (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde) tied for best actor. I really wouldn't get my hopes up though.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Barbra Streisand and Katherine Hepburn tied in the 60's for Best Actress for Funny Girl and The Lion in Winter.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 02-08-2005 at 06:11 AM.

Now, granted, I haven't seen very many of these movies, but couldn't they have come up with someone better than Allan Alda for best supporting actor??? I liked the Aviator, but Alda was pretty minor, and not very impressive in my opinion.
    -Other People can often see things about you that you yourself cannot see, even if those people are stupid.- Infinite Jest

I'm really hoping that Jamie Foxx will win for Ray, he was simply excellent.
    I also really like Hillary Swank and even though I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby, hope she wins just because I like her so much.

The only one I care about is Best Actor.

I sincerely hope and pray that Jamie Foxx takes it home. He put his heart and soul in that role, and he became Ray, something I think no one but him could have done.

Don Cheadle also I think just as deserving. I haven't seen him in the movie, but have heard tons of positive things about it and he seems very Oscar-Worthy indeed!

I'm not sure what I would do if they call out the winner for Best Actor and it's not Jamie Foxx. I'll probably call out foul play...

I wish both could win!
    I usually look forward to the Oscars and was not this year until I saw Ray. That was the best movie I've seen in a long time. And Jamie Foxx just blew me a way. I never thought I could see him any other way than the character from In Living Color (the scary very, very funny woman thingy) I hope Jamie wins best actor and will be watching and I hope Ray wins for best picture. I hope The Passion wins something as I thought that was incredible in every way. I was surprised Mel didn't get a nom...........I think Clint Eastwood should have won for best director before for Mystic River so hoping he wins this one. Me and the girls are going out to see Sideways. So, maybe I'll be rooting for more than just Jamie and Clint. If Jamie doesn't win for best actor I give up on these shows for good!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=funnygirl422]I wasn't surprised that Passion of the Christ wasn't nominated. The only acclaim it got was for Gibson not being afraid to show a more realistic view of the crucifixion. The movie in and of itself was so-so itself. [QUOTE]

I was very surprised at first. Then I just thought........eh.....that's Hollywood. Hollyweird.....

I was never in my life so moved by a film as I was with The Passion. I saw it opening day and I couldn't move out of my seat. My boyfriend tapped me and I almost punched him. (I was trying to clean the mascara that had dripped all over me) and just very moved. I thought the directing was amazing. The cinemaphotography awesome.........the music.....everything. I also feel the woman who played Mary (v) should have got a nod. jmho

[QUOTE=JamiLee][QUOTE=funnygirl422]I wasn't surprised that Passion of the Christ wasn't nominated. The only acclaim it got was for Gibson not being afraid to show a more realistic view of the crucifixion. The movie in and of itself was so-so itself.

I was very surprised at first. Then I just thought........eh.....that's Hollywood. Hollyweird.....

I was never in my life so moved by a film as I was with The Passion. I saw it opening day and I couldn't move out of my seat. My boyfriend tapped me and I almost punched him. (I was trying to clean the mascara that had dripped all over me) and just very moved. I thought the directing was amazing. The cinemaphotography awesome.........the music.....everything. I also feel the woman who played Mary (v) should have got a nod. jmho
    AMEN. (Not a pun.) Every single person in the theater when I saw it was SILENT and completely absorbed during most of the movie. You could hear a pin drop. And when it was over, sniffles galore. Are you kidding me that it was just so-so?? I don't know what you're comparing it to, or who you're asking as far as public opinion goes... but no way. The reason it didn't get nominated for much was because it's a "controversial" topic. BS. Whatever. Like Schindler's List wasn't. The difference is that much of the movie business is made up of Jewish people (not a bad thing in itself), but I think they felt very strongly against this movie getting its dues.

*getting off soapbox*

Very excited for the Oscars. Need to find out what the odds are on the categories, because my friends and I are betting on them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Could I BE wearing any more clothes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234