+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White Noise - 1/7

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Does it actually happen? I mean, as much as I want to see the movie, I just find it hard to believe that I'll be able to hear voices through the static of my radio or television.

yeah - and actually, all of the clips from the movie are from real evp captures. if you go to the movie website, there's a link that'll tell you about all of it and let you listen to the clips.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I hope it won't be another SAW, pretty dissapointed with that one.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I hope to see it in the theatres this weekend.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Entertainment Weekly gave it a C-. While I don't always agree with their reviews, I rarely like something they've graded that poorly. rottentomatoes.com (which compiles reviews from all over the country and then gives a percentage of review that liked a film) gave it a 13%.

I was hoping it would be good, but I think I'll be skipping this one.

I usually like to make my own judgements concerning movies. The funny thing is most of the movies I like, the critics hate......lol

oh well....and this one looks good. *shrugs*

Just saw this today. I thought it was laaaaame and default sauce! I'm so sick of movies where someone dies and they need to tell their loved ones why, how, or some other info about their death - that's how almost every "horror" movie is now - I want more substance. They had a great chance to make a terrifying movie about EVP (which I did some reading about a couple years ago after I got this freaky EVP CD of scary voices) and it's a really scary subject. They could have made a horrifying movie with some substance, but they didn't - the story is weak and default, the main character is stupid, irresponsible and unlikeable (again, like most horror movies nowadays), it's drawn out and boring, AND it's unrealistic - I'm pretty sure it takes more than a TV and a computer to actually hear/record EVP - I think you may need some real equipment (hellloooooo?) and there's no way in hell you can actually SEE the dead's faces through the static on the tv. I love horror movies, but haven't seen a really good one in years... and I go to the movies A LOT!

:phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht :phhht
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

I was also dissapointed. It was *such* a great storyline and it failed.

Anyway, I really loved
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the part where Jonathan saw Anna in the tv, and then suddenly that woman appeared with her hands on the screen, and then it repeated later at the crash site.
    That was probably the best part in the whole movie. From when that scene started to when it ended.

But what I hated was so much was not answered! Like:
    1)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Who were those 3 evil ghosts thingies?

2)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Why'd they go to that man in the end and have him kill those women?

3)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It seemed Anna was a specific target. So why Anna? And why Jonathan? Why their family? Because if Anna didn't die, Jonathan would never have been involved with EVP.

4)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    So the only reason those evil ghosts killed was because they were meddling? How lame. What was up with the 'She's mine!' ??

5)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Why did the ghosts want Jonathan to go to the warehouse at the end? What was the purpose of that?

OK, saw White Noise on the weekend, and here are my thoughts...

Overall I wasn't really disappointed... it was more or less like I thought it would be. I thought Michael keaton was pretty good, and played the character of the husband well.

A couple of boo scares here and there, and I did like the ending...pretty creepy.

It did have the potential to be a bit better....but overall it was ok. Sort of The Sixth Sense meets The Forgotten.....lol..

After listening to reviews here and at work, I've decided to wait and see this movie on video.

Wanna go see this movie .. I've been doing some look on evp so i don't think I'll find this movie that scary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast