+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - 12/17

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - 12/17

Release Date: 12/17/2004 Adaptation, Adventure, Comedy Rated: PG Runtime: 1 hr 53 mins
    From Hollywood.com

The story of intelligent, charming, but unlucky siblings Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire and their adventures in the big city after a house-fire leaves them orphaned. When the children are sent to live with distant relative, Count Olaf, they realize that he has dastardly designs on the Baudelaire family fortune.
    Cast: Jim Carrey , Meryl Streep , Jude Law , Liam Aiken , Emily Browning , Timothy Spall , Emma Thompson , Joan Cusack

Director: Brad Silberling

Cool, I love the Lemony Snicket books! I wonder if they'll keep the wonderful, maudlin tone. I hope they don't "Hollywood" it up to much.

And I generally like Jim Carrey, as well--I think he'll make a great villain. Great cast all around: Streep, Emma Thompson...What role is Jude Law meant to play? Yes, me likey the Jude Law.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Jude Law is Lemony Snicket, so probably the most we'll see of him is a silhouette and his voice.

Awww, Frosty are you kidding me?!! BOO! HISS!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Yeah, me too Snowy...me too....

I saw this. Liked it for the kids and cinematography/setting gorgeous. Loved the books, just didn't feel this had anything in it but the beatuy of the settings. Still worth the price and everyone did a good job, and while it didn't have the emotional depth it could bring from the books (or enough of sunny, luv her!) it was a good distraction.

Jude law was only in silouette.

And to those who see it, there was one part at the end that totally threw me out of the movie, don't want to spoiler it, and can't figure out how to change font color, but let's see if anyone else brings it up, it just ruined my connection to the film in terms of setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    And to those who see it, there was one part at the end that totally threw me out of the movie, don't want to spoiler it, and can't figure out how to change font color, but let's see if anyone else brings it up, it just ruined my connection to the film in terms of setting.
    Are you talking about the fact that the movie loses a little bit of the ambiguity present in the books?

My daughter and I are big fans of the books so we went to the very first showing. I loved it. She was outraged that they changed the storyline. The whole train sequence isn't in the books at all, nor is their return to Olaf's custody...other more important (spoilerish) things jumped track completely. The casting was brilliant, Carey really works the part. Loved the kids and Uncle Monty. Is there any talk of a sequel?
    Count your blessings!

freiss -

yes, the address, didn't fit with where i always imagined it to me, didn't fit with the accents throughout the film, didn't fit with the fictional names and setting, just didn't fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    freiss -

yes, the address, didn't fit with where i always imagined it to me, didn't fit with the accents throughout the film, didn't fit with the fictional names and setting, just didn't fit!
    Yup, I noticed that, too. One thing I really like about the books is that they don't have a clear time or place setting. I liked the movie ok, but it was a little more warm and fuzzy than the books, didn't you think? LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast