+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - 12/17

I finally saw this with my husband on Wednesday and it was good. Jim Carrey was funny as usual and Aunt Josaphine's fear of everything (oven exploding, doorknobs shattering) reminded me a little of my mil. She, too will hardly ever turn on the stove in her house. Not because she's afraid it'll explode. Just because she doesn't like the heat. She opens windows in the dead of winter because she's very claustrophobic. I'm not making fun I'm just saying that Aunt Josophine is very much like her.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Saw this with the kids on Saturday. I loved it. I love Billy Conley (how ever he spells his name) who played Uncle Montgomery. I'm not a big Jim Carey fan but he was pretty good in his roles. The kids thought it was great. The one who has read all the books several times was a tiny bit annoyed that the movie jumped around some between the books but she enjoyed it, in spite of that.

I loved Sunny and her subtitles.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Saw this with the kids on Saturday. I loved it. I love Billy Conley (how ever he spells his name) who played Uncle Montgomery. I'm not a big Jim Carey fan but he was pretty good in his roles. The kids thought it was great. The one who has read all the books several times was a tiny bit annoyed that the movie jumped around some between the books but she enjoyed it, in spite of that.

I loved Sunny and her subtitles.
    Is that who that was? I thought it was John Cleese
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Is that who that was? I thought it was John Cleese
    Billy Connelly:

John Cleese:

They do look similar, but Cleese is more slender and their accents are completely different.

Billy has a lovely Scottish accent.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123