+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beyond the Sea - 12/17

Beyond the Sea - 12/17

Release Date: 12/17/2004 Adaptation, Period Rated: PG-13 Runtime: 1 hr 58 mins

From Hollywood.com
    For Bobby Darin, performing was his life. It kept his heart beating. He came alive onstage, even when he was near collapse offstage. From the age of seven, Walden Robert Cassotto--Little Bobby knows the odds are stacked against him. Rheumatic fever has permanently damaged his heart, and he’s not expected to make it to age fifteen. Bobby’s family pour all their energies into caring for him. Bobby’s frail heart may be one truth, but his mother Polly, a former singer, introduces her boy to another wonderful truth: music. Music becomes Bobby’s bargaining chip against time; he’s not only singing, but also playing piano, drums and guitar before he even hits his teens. Music takes him into a world beyond the Bronx, and beyond sickness. It’s a world of effortlessly swinging songs, and couples dancing to the lilt of Bobby’s voice. Bobby has a plan, and no heart ailment will stop him.
    Cast: Kevin Spacey , Kate Bosworth , John Goodman , Bob Hoskins , Vanessa Redgrave , Peter Cincotti , Cathy Moriarty-Gentile , Brenda Blethyn

Director: Kevin Spacey

This sounds like such a TV movie, and that's exactly where I'm going to watch it, on cable or something. Just does not make me want to run to the theater.

What happened to Kevin Spacey? He was one of my favorite actors, but after American Beauty he's been in nothing but snooze-fests! C'mon Keyser Soze, what gives?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Shipping News was a beautiful movie, and Spacey was great in that.

Hmm, you know I haven't seen that one. I wasn't interested in watching that before, Lotus, but on your recommendation I'll rent it next time to restore my faith in Mr. Spacey.

But this...still looks TV biopic to me. I'll wait to catch it for free on the "True Stories" channel.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I saw it on T.V and was so surprised because the critics crucified it when it was in the theatres, but it was haunting and touching.

Kevin spacey flawless actor. Can't wait to see this movie, mainly because Kevin Spacey sings in this movie. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread