+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying to find a childhood favorite

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar

Trying to find a childhood favorite

When I was a kid there was this movie with a woman who has a hat box, and someone who stole jewelry put jewels in a different hatbox, and somehow this woman ends up with the jewels. I can't think of even one person in the movie or the title. If anyone has a clue let me know. I think it was a disney movie

Can you give me some idea of the time frame we are talking here? "When you were a kid" - can you let me know approximate year?
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

haha sorry sometimes i assume everyone is my age. by the way thanks for directing me here, i would say maybe 1987-90. not sure the movie could be older then me (1984), I think my mother had taped it off tv or something so i couldn't say for sure if that is the right year

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Try going to IMDB and putting in a year range and or Disney in a Powersearch.

Good luck, and let us know if you find it!
    Could does not mean should

No luck with imdb, but if someone knows let me know thanks.

Could it be the movie "What's up Doc?" That had several people with very similar overnight cases and a jewelry theft. It had Ryan O'Neal and Barbara Streisand in it. It was from the 1970's but would have been on TV when you were a kid.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

no that is not it

the lead people look like linda carter(wonder woman) and timothy dalton, but when i do a filmography search nothing comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Could it be the movie "What's up Doc?" That had several people with very similar overnight cases and a jewelry theft. It had Ryan O'Neal and Barbara Streisand in it. It was from the 1970's but would have been on TV when you were a kid.
    One of the funniest movies ever.

This is probably so wrong, but the only movie I can think of with stolen jewelry and a hat box from back then was Desperately Seeking Susan, but the lead in that was Madonna who doesn't look much like Linda Carter.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    This is probably so wrong, but the only movie I can think of with stolen jewelry and a hat box from back then was Desperately Seeking Susan, but the lead in that was Madonna who doesn't look much like Linda Carter.

lol no definately not madonna, thanks for the guess though.

+ Reply to Thread