+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alexander - 11/24

Wow, thanks for that Sugar Lady!
    Looks like we i was wrong (yay)
    I was at Oscar Watch and they were all saying the same thing.
    Bye bye Oscar!
    Poor Oliver
    I was also at rotten tomatos and its had like only 3 good reviews of out of like 30.
    I think they gave it 4/10 they where calling it a boring as hell lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    I think they gave it 4/10 they where calling it a boring as hell lol.
    I think I am a little jaded after the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. That was such brilliant and beautiful film making at a fraction of the cost of Alexander. Oliver Stone probably has some very large bank accounts from the Alexander budget.

When I went to see the Lord of the Ring movies the theater was packed.
    There was practically no one at the early show that I went to for Alexander and some of the guys walked out on the film.

I did not go to see Troy but it seemed to start off much better with fans.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Call it Alexander the Not-So-Great. The box office results: for the 3-day weekend, around $13.5 million. Five-day weekend total is $21.6 million. (Source: Box Office Mojo)

Not quite as bad a bomb as Gigli, but then again that didn't cost $155 million either...

Treasure" Too Great for "Alexander"
    Sunday November 28 5:15 PM ET

Alexander wasn't great--we wouldn't even rank it between fair to middling. No, it was pretty much a turkey.

Oliver Stone's ultra-expensive sword-and-sandal epic, starring Colin Farrell as the bisexual conqueror of all he surveyed, found few fans among the nation's moviegoers this Thanksgiving holiday. The historically inspired R-rated Warners' release stumbled in at number six at the box office, capturing only $13.4 million from Friday through Sunday and just $21.6 million over the entire five-day holiday, according to preliminary studio estimates

And then comes Alexander, which, to be fair, had a slightly higher per-screen average than the fourth and fifth place movies--$5,499 compared to $5,495 for The Polar Express and $5,383 for SpongeBob SquarePants.

It was hard to put brave face on the fate of the lavish saga, which opened Wednesday, but Moritz Borman, chairman of Intermedia, the company that financed the $150 million production, tried. "Overall it's solid, but it could have been better," he told Reuters, saying the film was stymied in part by mixed reviews and a lengthy running time. He predicted it would do better in overseas markets, much like this year's other tunic tale, Troy, released this summer.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/eo/2004...169090000.html

Troy wasnt that bad, you had Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom so if the movie got a bit boring(like it did *i wanted to leave the theather*) at least they were nice to look at.

I miss Lord of The Rings too... i went 2 times to see it when it was in the theater and i saw it yesterday at starz but well its over*cries*. When i went to see Troy it was full and some people left but ive seen worse cases Imao

Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    I miss Lord of The Rings too... i went 2 times to see it when it was in the theater and i saw it yesterday at starz but well its over*cries*.
    I received an email today about a special extended DVD version of the third movie. When I purchase the three movies I will have to make sure they are all the special extended DVD versions. I had considered buying some DVDs that were just the regular theater version.

Did anyone see the director's cut of this movie Last Friday? The Director's cut was gory and carnal.

Rosario did show alot of skin. She had body paint on the side of her legs. There is a frontal shot of her chest when she crouches over Colin.
    On the director's cut, she is shown as being fully nude head on. Colin from the side.

However, there was a particular scene where Alexander was seducing the Babylonian male dancer and I guess you can say that there was full frontal nudity shown from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady View Post
    I received an email today about a special extended DVD version of the third movie. When I purchase the three movies I will have to make sure they are all the special extended DVD versions. I had considered buying some DVDs that were just the regular theater version.
    I own the extended editions of all three LOTR films and they are well worth it. Each extended version contains four disks; the first two are the movie itself, the last two contain the extra material. There is approximately 10 hours of material for just the movies themselves.

Latest movies I've rented:

The Bank: Enjoyable caper movie involving corporate misdeeds, starring Anthony LaPaglia and David Wenham (Faramir in LOTR). Fairly predictable ending, but a good watch anyway.

The Brothers Grimm I had hoped for better. This was all special effects and blood and gore with little story and worse characters. A waste of time IMO.

The Island Again, I was hoping for better. It had a good premise and some real promise, but it got bogged down by endless chases. Pretty good performances by Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johansson. Better performances by the always good Steve Buscemi and Sean Bean (LOTR's Eomer).

FORT Newbie
    Here's a movies that should have been a miniseries.
    But then there is "Reign: The Conqueror"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234