+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alexander - 11/24

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    There's a nude scene w/ Colin? Do you see any of Colin?
    Yes, Colin and Rosario are nude. There was a rumor that a shot during the scene showed more of Colin than intended. I think this was a plant in the press by Oliver Stone because the rumor about extra revealing frontal nudity of Colin was not true.

Colin is showing more passion tongue kissing Ellen on previews for Monday's Ellen Show than he showed in his nude love scene with Rosario.

Oh yeah thats what my b/f told me! He said there was a nude scene and you could see something!
    Hooraaay!
    *Runs to movie theather*
    Lol anyways...Is that true?
    Can u see little colin? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    Lol anyways...Is that true?
    Can u see little colin? LMAO
    The edited version of the film that I saw did not show little colin.

I was invited to see Alexander today but the thought of seeing little colin didnt well i think there where more reasons to Not see the movie than the only reason that i had( and it wasnt a good one) so i said no.

I dont know how actors can show frontal nudity just like that... for me it would be hard to know that all of america saw me naked but in the times we are living in i dont think it is considered a bad thing...

I saw the movie last night and loved it. Yes, it is over the top at times, and Angelina does sound like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle, but she has such an ancient, classic look about her and a sense of danger that I loved her in the role . I haven't liked Colin Farrel in anything until this but he does have the charisma to pull off the energy of Alexander, so who cares if he has brown eyes and dark roots, minor flaws in my opinion. Plus the scenery is stunning, the Hanging Gardens, the vistas from the balconys, the bloody war scenes, the war elephants, the Persian tapestries and fabrics, just a visual feast. The critics are killing it, but I don't agree with them, it's one of those movies that time will be kinder too, but definitely worth seeing on the big screen. As far as the homosexuality in the film goes, I think Stone was between a rock and a hard place in wanting to be historically accurate, but still keep the movie mainstream enough to not scare away the average Joe. There is no love scene between Alexander and Hephastion nor with the Eunuch, but only with Roxanna. There is no frontal nudity, you'll have to wait for the uncut DVD version.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalydah
    I dont know how actors can show frontal nudity just like that... for me it would be hard to know that all of america saw me naked but in the times we are living in i dont think it is considered a bad thing...
    Rosario did show alot of skin. She had body paint on the side of her legs. There is a frontal shot of her chest when she crouches over Colin. I really don't think it would be all that difficult to do those type of scenes when you are working with attractive men, getting star billing and a hefty salary. It looks much easier than doing dangerous action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    . I haven't liked Colin Farrel in anything until this but he does have the charisma to pull off the energy of Alexander, so who cares if he has brown eyes and dark roots, minor flaws in my opinion.
    I probably would not have even noticed the makeup and hairstyling staffs failure to properly groom Colin during the movie if I had not seen entertainment news reporters harping on the fact that his hair was bleached for the role for the past year. Oliver Stone also mentioned on Wednesday that when he initially met Colin he did not think he was right for the role because he was such a dark Irishman and drunk but Colin later changed his mind.

I agree with you SugarLady, with her salary i think i would agree to have a nude part( Yes, i need the money that bad)and working with hollywood hotest is a plus.There are still many actresses in hollywood who have said no to nude scenes because of their values and morals(those seem to go away with time ex.Britney Spears but there are still actress who have them)

I have to agree that Colin has charisma but ill have to agree with Oliver Stone(about the drunk thing-cuz that was what i thought about him lol)
    We'll have to see how the movie scores at the box office,but i doubt it will be a flop.

P.S: I agree about Angelina, She looked perfect in her greekish costume.

I like the movie and it did suprised me about the whole bisexual issues. :rolleyes

'Alexander' Fails to Conquer U.S. Box Office
    Sunday November 28 1:03 PM ET

Conquering much of the world was a piece of cake for Alexander the Great. Conquering the North American box office is another thing.

"Alexander," director Oliver Stone's three-hour epic starring Irishman Colin Farrell as the youthful Macedonian warrior, opened at No. 6 with ticket sales of just $13.5 million for the three days beginning on Friday.

Since opening on Wednesday to get a jump-start on the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday, the film has earned $21.6 million. The independently financed film, a dream project of Stone's for 15 years, reportedly cost more than $150 million to make.

Warner Bros. Pictures., a unit of Time Warner Inc., paid $35 million for North American rights from the film's producer, Intermedia Films, a unit of Munich-based IM Internationalmedia AG .

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/featu...oxofficer.html

______________________________ __________________________

For most other movies a $21.6 million U.S. opening would be considered a big success.
    Last edited by sugarlady; 11-28-2004 at 06:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast