+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie - 11/19

The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie - 11/19

Release Date: 11/19/2004 Adaptation, Animated, Children Rated: PG Runtime: 1 hr 30 mins

From Hollywood.com
    There's trouble brewing in Bikini Bottom. Someone has stolen King Neptune's crown, and it look like Mr. Krab, SpongeBob's boss, is the culprit. Though he's just been passed over for the promotion of his dreams, SpongeBob stands by his boss, and along with his best pal Patrick, sets out on a treacherous mission to Shell City to reclaim the crown and save Mr. Krab's life.
    Cast: Tom Kenny , Alec Baldwin , Roger Bumpass , Bill Fagerbakke , Carolyn Lawrence , Clancy Brown , Rodger Bumpass

Director: Stephen Hillenburg , Carl Greenblatt

Can I tell you just how much I love my nephew? I love him so much that I took him to see this movie.

Jordan loved it. I slept.

Enough said.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Aw, you're a good Auntie Broadway. I'll be catching this on DVD I'm sure, only to be viewed at least 100 times at a later date, thank you very much.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I took my kids to this. It wasn't bad, if you like Spongebob. I'd rather have been seen National Treasure however.

We went to see it. I did doze for a little while but parts were funny.

(Patrick in fishnet stockings and high heels. The reoccurring role of underwear)

The kids loved it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I took my three siblings and my ...ugh um...24 year old boyfriend. I fell asleep just like a few of you, the other "kids" loved it.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

FORT Regular
    I am a long-time SpongeBob fan. I have been watching the series since the premier episode, and think it's really excellent. It's a good show for kids, in the aspect that there is little to find objectionable. SpongeBob himself is the nicest guy, always interested in being an honest and fair person. As a series, this show is original and funny.

I didn't much like the movie. I usually don't like it when established cartoons are in a movie because they feel the need to bring in new characters. In the case of the SpongeBob movie, the new characters eclipse the tried and true.

Plankton, the baddest of the bad guys on the series, gets a lot of airtime, but then, he is the evil perpetrator. Mr. Krabs is frozen for most of the picture, and Squidward comes and goes. I needed more Squidward. And poor Sandy Cheeks was basically a cameo in this film, only appearing toward the beginning once, and once again near the end. Sandy is great character that SpongeBob needs to interact with more.

I was further disappointed with King Neptune. Neptune has appeared on the series several times before, but he was a beefcake god, not this fat, middle-aged balding boob. I found Mindy the Mermaid to be completely annoying, although I did approve of her being featured with glasses.

Favorite parts: pirates in the theater, the whole bubble scene at the biker bar, and SpongeBob and Patrick's successful trek through the sea monster-laden trench. Those colors were SO vivid.

I love the cartoon. The movie was just too dull for me. However, my children loved it and my 5 year old is delighted that she gets to see it again on Saturday for a birthday party. All I can say, is SPARE ME! Oh, I have to go see it again! I'm dieting so I can't even console myself with popcorn and hot tamales.

I LOVE SPONGEBOB!!

Ahh I can't wait until I get paid and go to see that movie!

The show's much better than the movie. I wish they'd have made it stupid and silly like the show and didn't go for the "journey - hero" plot.
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast