+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: National Treasure - 11/19

National Treasure - 11/19

Release Date: 11/19/2004 Action, Adventure Rated: PG Runtime: 1 hr 40 mins

From Hollywood.com

Benjamin Franklin Gates is a third generation treasure hunter. All his life, Gates has been searching for a treasure no one believed existed: amassed through the ages, moved across continents, to become the greatest treasure the world has ever known. Hidden by our Founding Fathers, they left clues to the Treasure’s location right before our eyes--from our nation’s birthplace, to the nation’s capitol, to clues buried within the symbols on the dollar bill. Gates’ life-long journey leads him to the last place anyone thought to look: a map hidden on the back of the Declaration of Independence. But what he thought was the final clue is only the beginning. Gates realizes in order to protect the world’s greatest treasure, he must now do the unthinkable: steal the most revered, best guarded document in American history before it falls into the wrong hands. In a race against time, Gates must elude the authorities, stay one step ahead of his ruthless adversary, decipher the remaining clues and unlock the 2000 year-old mystery behind our greatest national treasure.
    Cast: Nicolas Cage , Diane Kruger , Justin Bartha , Sean Bean , Harvey Keitel , Christopher Plummer

Director: Jon Turteltaub

We went and saw this today. Terrific movie. Combination Indiana Jones / The Goonies. Nic was terrific and I would love to see this become a franchise type like IJ.

Glad to hear the good review, MKW. We're going to the movies tonight with some friends, but I'm not sure yet what we're going to see. I'll vote for this one.

I enjoyed this movie a lot. I hope they make a ride in Disneyland for this movie.

This is an excellent movie! I loved all the action, mystery, and intrigue. My favorite character is Riley, Cage's sidekick, who adds the comical relief. Go see this movie!

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Great movie! Nicholas Cage is sexy, the woman he's got his eye on is cute, and his sidekick is hilarous.

Sean Bean is always a plus in any movie!
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

I was impressed with the movie. I agree with SaltyJ, the sidekick guy was hilarious.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I don't know how this even got a bad review by people. It was exciting, dramatic, and very suspenseful in my opinion. It was worth my $5.75 lol.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I saw this movie last night and I loved it from beginning to end! I've always been a fan of Nicolas Cage, and thought he was great, as well as his hilarious sidekick Loved the fact that both villain & hero were intelligent so the villain could figure things out on his own & the whole movie just shot by, never a dull moment
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

We're probably going to see it again. Very few movies would I be paying to see a second time - but this is one of them.
    Anxiously awaiting "Finding Neverland" and there just aren't any others out there that interest me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast