+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National Treasure - 11/19

FORT Fan
    I watched it today too but me expectations weren't so high. At least that kept me from being disappointed. The overwhelmingly positive reviews here surprise me because I thought there was nothing special about this movie. The puzzle solving was fun but the action scenes were flat and forced, like that car chase. Couldn't the bad guys have just stopped their car and dealt with everybody? Throw in the detractions of glaring plot holes (how the hell did they get out of the middle the artic?) and the da Vinci Code ripoffs and the movie becomes more fun to mock than to watch.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

I saw it in the theater and really liked it. I've been debating about renting or buying it now that it's been released.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Hey hey! So what that I'm months behind with this whole "movie" thing? I just bought this on DVD a few days ago, as I'd heard lots of good reviews, and National Treasure didn't disappoint one bit--I loved it! It had a great adventurous, Indiana Jones-esque mood, and watching the characters figure out the clues was fascinating to sit back and watch.

Great story, great characters, not embarrassing to watch in mixed company, well-done . . . a great, feel-good film.

Now I'm off to treasure hunt.
    Okay, you sold me. I've been debating whether or not to buy it on DVD. I'm up for a light action "Indiana Jones-esque" adventure flick.

Now I'm off to Blockbuster.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I saw this movie when it was originally in theatres..I didn't expect it to be that great.but it was a pretty good watch..I would recommend it to anyone who likes the adventure, Indiana Jones kinda thing.
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

I bought it over the weekend and it's pretty good. It gets right into it without ever dragging. I even checked out the alternate ending- the original ending, and thankfully they decided not to use it. Overall, it's a fun movie.

Oh, I haven't check out the alternate ending yet. I'll have to do that sometime this coming weekend.

As I just posted in the 'Last Movies You Have Rented' thread the DVD in itself is a treasure hunt as you have to solve clues to find all the hidden scenes. However if you don't want to go through it all, I have the password:

Go to the notebook on the menu screen and type in the code
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and then hit master code, and bam - all the extra features.

Hey that's neat AIWANNABE, I got to try it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    ... and then hit master code, and bam - all the extra features.

So thats all you get, all the features youve just watched in a list? I put in the number but it looked like all the stuff I watched to get the codes, i didnt watch any of em. Oh well.

Thanks anyway, cuz stoopid me had the code wrong in the first place, not sure how I got the one I did!!

FORT Fanatic
    I have this dvd, cause my mom bought it. I thought it would be a waste of my time, but it was actually worth seeing. If you like suspense and historical movies, then this is for you. I give it a B+.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast