+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ron Howard casts Hanks in "Da Vinci Code"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    So did I. When I envisioned scenes from the novel, I actually envisioned Clooney in some of those scenes.

I like Hanks fine. But no matter how many Oscar nominations he earns, he'll always be the guy from Bosom Buddies to me. It's a miracle that he managed to live down that show and go on to have such a successful career. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of another sitcom star who overcame his/her TV past to rise to that level of stardom.

Thats true.. he has.. and i've seen some of his movies and thought they were ok, I am still just simply... not a fan. He has that goofy look about him hes not IMHO Handsom.. and he does alot of movies, and in that lot hes had a few that have been looked upon to get an award or 2 But then you have moives like his last one.. The Terminal... sigh.. i so don't know where to begin on that one.

Maybe because I've read this book.. and really liked this book (read it in like 30 hours could NOT put it down to even sleep hehe) I am too biased. But he and Howard are friends and have worked on other movies before that have done well (A13, and Splash) Maybe Ronny thinks this is a winning combo?! Who knows and only time will tell. I will be the first to say hes done well if in fact he does.. but in my mind.. I just can not see him as Langdon.

I think Tom Hank will do a great job. I was surprised they chose Tom but I think he can pull it off. I wonder if the cast will change in light of the Cardinal in St. Peters strongly denouncing the book??
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

michey, that's a good question. When i was reading all this different news about the vatican and da vinci code, I was curious how it would change things. Guess we will just have to wait and see...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY
    I think Tom Hank will do a great job. I was surprised they chose Tom but I think he can pull it off. I wonder if the cast will change in light of the Cardinal in St. Peters strongly denouncing the book??
    How's that? Because some of the cast may get cold feet?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234