+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Category 6: Day of Destruction

FORT Newbie

Did anyone tape the movie?

I am in search of a video copy of Day of Destruction. Mostly, I need day 1. Did anyone tape it?

Quote Originally Posted by needacopy
    I am in search of a video copy of Day of Destruction. Mostly, I need day 1. Did anyone tape it?
    I did, but unfortunately I've taped over it umpteen times since then. Such is the life of a TV addict.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I laughed out loud at the Las Vegas scenes. Especially when the table and money came down in that farm couples' front yard. It was a cheesy, but enjoyable disaster movie. I love disaster movies for some reason. Can't explain it. I guess it's knowing that it's just a movie and nobody really gets hurt. I grew up in Oklahoma City and being from "Tornado Alley", I know there is nothing entertaining about a real tornado. I've lived in Milwaukee for several years and I still have occasional tornado nightmares.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Well I saw some of it, the second half only half taped....but overall it was just as I expected for a tv disaster movie....a bit cheesy but overall fun. Definitely doesn't even come close to The Day After Tomorrow, but I'm a disaster flick fan, so I enjoyed it overall especially the disaster scenes.

The las Vegas twister scene was really cool, and Randy Quaid was fun as the storm hunter.....

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    For anyone who missed this .....it will be shown again tonight at 9 pm. (Part 1)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12