+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bridget Jones: the Edge of Reason - 11/12/04

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvsAHarlemm
    Just got back from seeing this movie and not really sure how I feel.

If I hadn't read the 2nd book like 50 times I probably would have loved it. So, if you haven't read the book and loved the first movie you will adore this one.

If you have read the book ---- you might be sorely dissapointed in the parts that in changes or totally omits.

Hugh Grant and Colin Firth fighting again was highly entertaining.

Jacinda was great ---- but they totally messed up the story line with her and Mark Darcy's coworker. I wish that they had left that story as it was and given her more lines as she could have played it so well.

All in all from me

But if you haven't read the book it will probably be a movie
    I haven't read either of the books. I always find that if I really love a book I'll inevitably be disappointed in the film version (with some exceptions).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I want to see it, but I might have to wait for the rental.
    No one wants to go see it with me because it's a "girlie" movie.

Wolf... it's perfectly okay to go by yourself. Go to a matinee... I did!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I don't like going to the movies by myself, but...maybe one of this days I'll try it.

Wolf... it took me FOREVER before I could get up the nerve to do it. Once you move to a state where you know no one you kind of learn to adapt. I even went to Broadway shows by myself. Eek!

But I still will only go to a matinee alone (you'd be surprised at how many other singles are actually there.) My best friend and I have vastly different tastes in movies sometimes.... and she also has a busy schedule with three kids so it's become a necessity for me, on occasion, to venture out without her.

It's kind of liberating.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

My daughter called me at work the other day and asked me to take the afternoon off to go see the movie with her. I was all set to do it, then checked online and the movie wasn't out in our area yet! Darn.
    We are going to see it on Monday. I loved, loved, loved the first movie, and adored the two Bridget Jones books by Helen Fielding. I probably won't be too disappointed in the movie because I can't remember the fine points of the book... I tend to forget everything but the major plot lines if it's been more than a couple of months since I've read the book. I'm looking forward to it.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I thought it was pretty sweet. Definitely not as good as the first, but I enjoyed it (and no, I haven't read the book. )

***** spoiler alert (but not really) *******

The thing that kept bothering me (and bothers me in most movies) is the freaking disappearing purse thing that Bridget had going on. She jumped in cabs incessantly without a purse (excuse me, but women in skimpy dresses have no pockets to carry money... and taxis aren't free!) Then when she walks into Mark's meeting towards the end of the movie she's carrying a cute little pink purse. When he calls her out to the hallway to talk with her... it's missing. Did she drop it on the floor behind her? What???

I hate continuity problems.
    Wow, Broadway, I always wanted to be a continuity editor, I always spot the problems, the purse thing also applies to coats. I'll be on the lookout for Bridget's magic cab fare.... wish i had magic cab fare
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    But I still will only go to a matinee alone (you'd be surprised at how many other singles are actually there.)
    I go to movies alone at any time of day. It's no big deal.

I _loved_ both books, and I loved the first movie, because even though it was different than the book, it had a lot of the funny details (blue soup, the firemans pole). But "The Edge of Reason" movie lacked a lot of the funny details from the book. Where was Wellington? How about Magda's phone calles when all her sentences are interrupted by her yelling at her kids (those cracked me up, I have a friend who calls me like that)? What about Bridget babysitting Constance and her brothers? What about the whole self-help-book theme? And I hate that they made "Daniel Cleaver" such a large character in the movie, when he is hardly present in the book at all.

Exactly! But oh well..is still ok

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I agree Astrogirl. When I saw the trailers for the Bridget Jones 2 Movie, I was wondering why Cleaver had a lot of presence in the movie when he was hardly around in the book.

I'm waiting for the arrival of the movie here. Mr Darcy,
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast